The Rolex Awards for Enterprise calls for applications form young innovative individuals from all nationalities and backgrounds for the Rolex Awards which are given every two years. The 2014 Awards will be exclusively devoted to young candidates meaning only those aged between 18 and 30 years are eligible to apply.
For more than 35 years, Rolex has honoured extraordinary individuals who possess the courage and conviction to take on major challenges. Each Rolex Award for Enterprise is given for a new or ongoing project anywhere in the world – one that deserves support for its capacity to improve lives, or protect the world’s natural and cultural heritage. These projects have touched all aspects of humanity by expanding knowledge or improving life on the planet.
The Rolex Awards for Enterprise support pioneering work in five areas: applied technology, cultural heritage, environment, exploration and discovery, and science and health. Projects are assessed on their originality, potential for impact, feasibility, and, above all, on the candidates own spirit of enterprise.
Worth of Awards
- Each Young Laureate will receive 50,000 Swiss francs over a period of two years.
- In addition, Rolex ensures winners receive access to its network of more than 100 past Laureates, as well as the benefit of international publicity through media coverage and the Rolex Awards website.
- Young people aged between 18 and 30 years are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should be individuals of all nationalities and backgrounds united by a talent for independent thinking and the capacity to embrace projects that require creativity and determination in the face of considerable odds.
- Applicants should have a refreshing approach to solving problems.
How to Apply
- Applicants are asked to submit projects that tackle the world’s most pressing issues in five areas: science and health, applied technology, exploration and discovery, the environment, and cultural heritage.
- Projects are judged on their feasibility, originality, potential for sustained impact and, above all, on the candidates’ spirit of enterprise. Projects are examined rigorously to choose those that best meet the criteria and an independent Jury selects five winners from a shortlist.
Deadline: May 31, 2013
They are presented every two years. The Laureates receive their Awards at a special ceremony in the presence of distinguished guests.
For more information and to apply, click here