Coventry University is delighted to welcome outstanding students to its undergraduate and postgraduate degrees which is why a range of discounts and scholarships for international students who plan to study with them have been prepared. Below are the various opportunities available:
- Full payment discount
- Merit scholarship scheme
- Alumni discounts
- University Research Studentship Scheme
- Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme
- Engineering and Computing Scholarship Scheme
Worth of Awards
- Full payment Discount: Students who pay their tuition fees in full before or at enrolment will be offered a £500 full payment discount.
- Merit Scholarship scheme: £1,000, in year one only and based on academic performance.
- Alumni Discounts: Alumni from Coventry University will receive a discount of £500 from the full-time fees payable for their postgraduate programme.
- Available to all international students applying for full-time undergraduate and postgraduate programmes at Coventry University
- Scholarships are allocated on the basis of academic merit. (Postgraduate applicants must hold 2.1 or equivalent, undergraduate applicants must hold A-levels or equivalent at grades BBC)
How to Apply
- There is no separate scholarship application process: all undergraduate applications from self-funded international students from any non-EU country and postgraduate applications from international, including EU will automatically be considered for a merit award. You will not have to do anything, if you are successful you will be notified in due course by the International Office
University Research Studentship Scheme
Occasionally, funding becomes available to enable the University, either centrally, through one of the faculties or from other sources, to offer research studentships in specified topics or fields of study.
Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme
As part of the UK’s contribution to the international Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan, The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) offers opportunities to Commonwealth citizens to study in the UK.
Citizens of a developed Commonwealth country, a developing Commonwealth country, of the Maldives, St Helena or the Seychelles, can apply for the various scholarships at graduate and undergraduate levels available at UK universities. There are also Shared Scholarships for Master’s study at selected UK universities
You can find out more and details on how to apply here
Engineering and Computing £200,000 Scholarship Scheme
In order to celebrate the opening of Coventry University’s £55 million state of the art engineering and computing, the faculty is launching a new scholarship scheme in which up to 55 scholarships to a total value of £200,000 will be awarded to talented students joining the university in January and September 2013.
Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis and applicants will need to submit a 500 word essay on how they will use the qualification they gain from Coventry University to contribute to the field of engineering and computing.
The scholarship is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate international students wishing to join a degree programme within the Faculty of Engineering and Computing.
Worth of Awards
The value of scholarships available are as follows:
- Undergraduate – £4,500(£4,500 spread across first three years of programme. Applicants must achieve an average grade of 60% in order to qualify for a continued award in years 2 and 3).
- Undergraduate top up – £2,500
- Postgraduate – £2,500
How to Apply
- To apply for the EC scholarship, please attach your 500 word essay entry along with your application form for study and email both to [email protected].
- If you have already applied to study with Coventry University for a course within the Faculty of Engineering and Computing and received a conditional offer, submit your essay along with you applicant ID to [email protected].
Deadline: Deadline for submission of applications for September 2013 is 28 June 2013. It is advisable you apply much earlier to increase your chances of selection. Due to the high volume of applications only successful applicants will be notified.
Please note: Scholarships cannot be combined with any other scholarships or discounts.