The Federal Scholarship Board invites eligible Nigerians studying in Nigerian tertiary institutions to apply for the 2013 scholarship awards for students within the country. The scholarship awards are open to Postgraduate and Undergraduate candidates in all the Public (Federal and State) Tertiary Institutions in the country.
Nigerian Award is one of the two Divisions of the Federal Scholarship Board which processes and implements scholarship awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, Higher National Diploma and National Certificate in Education. Under Nigerian Award, the following programmes are covered by the Federal Government scholarship scheme Tenable in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions.
- Postgraduate (PG) Award
- Undergraduate (UG) Award
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Award
- National Certificate in Education (NCE) Award.
- The scholarship is tenable in Nigeria and takes effect from the beginning of each academic session. It lapses if not utilized within this period.
- It shall not be held at the same time with another Award nor for part-time studies.
- Change of course or level or the Institution of award is not allowed.
Field of Study Include: –
- Science and Technology.
- Medicine and Para-medicals.
- Science Subjects with Education.
- Arts and other Subjects with Education.
- Liberal Arts/Social/Management Sciences
- HND (Science and Technology).
Worth of Awards
The Scholarship allowance is meant to cover: Institution’s charges, fees and Personal maintenance allowance
- Post-Graduate Scholars N180, 000 per annum
- Under-Graduate Scholars N150, 000 per annum
- HND N100, 000 per annum
- NCE N100, 000 per annum
The Eligibility criteria for Nigerian Award are as follows: (Full time registered students only)
- Postgraduate applicants should posses a first degree with at least a second class upper division ( PHD: A good Masters degree with at least a Second Class lower division), ( Masters: First Degree with at least Second Class Upper division)
- For Undergraduate scholarship, applicants must be in their second year or above and have at least 4.0 cumulative grade points aggregate (CGPA) on a Five (5) point scale or its equivalent.
- The physically challenged should be in their second year or above and are given automatic scholarship.
The Tenure of the Scholarships ranges from one (1) to Six (6) academic years depending on the programme of study.
How to Apply
Candidates should apply online via their website
Deadline: The applications are now open while Interviews will hold by October each year
For more details, visit here