Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited (NAOC) Joint Venture in pursuance of its Community Development Programme invites suitably qualified candidates for its 2012/2013 Tertiary Institutions Scholarship Awards Scheme.
The Tertiary Institutions Scholarship Awards Scheme application is open to candidates that are not currently on any award and are students in tertiary institutions in Nigeria under two categories:
- Host Communities Merit Award: For applicants strictly from NAOC host communities
- National Merit Award: For applicants from non-host communities.
To qualify for consideration applicants MUST be:
- Registered FULL TIME undergraduates in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions
- Certified 100 level students at the time of application.
- Only indigenes of NAOC host communities in Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states SHOULD apply for the Host Communities Merit Award.
- Only candidates studying Engineering, Geology and Geosciences are eligible for the National Merit Award.
The following categories of students should NOT apply:
- 200 level students and above
- Current beneficiaries of similar awards from other companies and agencies
- Dependants of employees of NAOC, AENR and NAE
How to Apply
Follow the steps below:
- Click on apply.
- Register to create an account.
- After registering you will automatically be logged into the site to upload your information.
- If you have registered and you have not completed your application click ,on apply then enter the email and password you used to register.
- Enter your personal information, educational information, academic referee, other information and upload required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in applications tally with names on all documentation in the same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors in uploading.
- Where asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
- After filling forms make sure you click the submit application button to apply. You will receive an email and an SMS that confirms your application was successful.
- Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board
To verify for this Scholarship you must follow the Steps below:
Note: you must apply before you begin verification of your application details.
- Click on verify now
- Enter your Login details
- Review your application details by clicking on “My Application Details” link
- If you are satisfied with your application details, download your profile by clicking on “Download Profile for Verification” link
- Take this profile to your HEAD of Department to sign as your academic referee.
- Return to the “verify now” page to upload the clearly scanned copy of your verified profile.
- Avoid forgery and impersonation.
- You will receive an email and SMS that confirms your have uploaded your reference profile.
Warning: After you have downloaded your profile for verification, you will no longer be able to make changes to details you entered for your application.
- All applicants for Host Communities Merit Award MUST attach current (2013–2014) Letters of Identification duly signed by:
• the current (2013) Chairman and Secretary of his/her CDC
• bona-fide traditional/paramount ruler of the community; and,
• the current (2013) Local Government Chairman or the Secretary
- An Aptitude Test for the applicants in both Categories of Award will be conducted at the following centers:
- Port Harcourt
Candidates should note that they are to fully bear the cost of transportation to and from the Aptitude Test centre.
Deadline: To qualify for consideration applicants must complete their online application and verify their application details on or before 17th February 2013.
For more information and to Apply, click here