AUT University New Zealand invites applications for the Masters Research Scholarship (Sylff) for 2020/21 academic year.
The Ryoichi Sasakawa Young Leaders’ Fellowships (Sylff) are offered annually from the proceeds of a very generous endowment received in December 1991 from the Nippon Foundation (then known as the Sasakawa Foundation).
The purpose of the Programme is to provide an opportunity to study at any New Zealand university for graduate students who demonstrate leadership qualities or display high potential for future leadership in either public or private life.
Worth of Award
Stipend of up to $15,000; Research expenses up to $5,000;Full fees
- Scholarships are offered to outstanding students at any NZ university, for study towards research in either a Masters or a PhD degree in a wide range of disciplines, provided the research is in the broad fields of Humanities (ie. the study of human culture, especially literature, languages, history, art, music and philosophy) or Social Sciences (ie. the scientific study of any aspect of social behaviour and/or the functioning of society).
- Candidates whose degree programmes do not appear to fit in these categories, but who feel that their research qualifies them, will be asked to justify this view in their applications.
- Research proposals that are focused on contemporary issues and are forward-looking, with an interdisciplinary aspect, may be preferred.
- An applicant must be a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident of New Zealand.
- Students may apply in anticipation of, or during, their postgraduate study, but note there is only one application round per year.
- Applications are for research in the following year.
- The scholarships are normally regarded as full-time, so positions of emolument may be undertaken only with the permission of the Committee.
- Applicants must be of an age that they have not passed their 35th birthday by 1 October in the year of application.
- Applicants must be intending to enrol or be enrolled in a degree with a research component of 90 points or more.
How to Apply
Check out the scholarship in more detail and submit an application. or contact [email protected]
Deadline: applications Close October 1, 2019.
Click here for more details and to apply