The University of Ottawa in Canada invites applications for the International Experience Scholarship for the 2018/2019 academic year.
In order to enhance students’ experience at the University of Ottawa and provide useful international experience, each year the Faculty of Engineering will provide up to 60 scholarships in support of approved international activities (e.g., internships or visiting terms in foreign corporations, universities, institutions) on a competitive basis for 2018/2019 academic year.
The Faculty of Engineering International Office will be responsible for collecting the applications, preparing the documents for the evaluation committee, announcing the results to the candidates, and following up on each funded activity.
Worth of Award
- The terms of the proposed activities may range from 1 month to 12 months.
- The value of each scholarship will be up to $6,000, with the exact amount depending on the significance and needs of the proposed activities.
- Full-time uOttawa Faculty of Engineering undergraduate or graduate students.
- Students in their first eight months as undergraduates or in their final term of registration (at any level) are not eligible.
- Thesis-based graduate students need to get approval from their thesis supervisors before applying.
- Students can only get a single IES scholarship (lifetime).
- Some short-term events (e.g. summer schools) with a duration less than 1 month can also be considered under exceptional circumstances.
How to Apply
Apply online via their website click the link below
Students who are awarded the IES scholarship will need to provide the following documents no later than 2 weeks on their return to Canada:
- boarding passes (or equivalent documents)
- a letter from the foreign institution (or foreign supervisor, etc.) attesting the participation in the planned activities, or some equivalent document.
Students who do not provide such documents will have to refund the amount of the IES scholarship, i.e., it will be charged to their student account.
Deadlines: applications close as follows:
- October 15thfor activities that start in the following Winter term
- February 15thfor activities that start in the following Summer term
- June 15thfor activities that start in the following Fall term.
A limited number of applications can be considered post-deadline under exceptional circumstances, pending availability of funds.