The YouthActionNet® Global Fellowship calls for entries from suitable applicants who are young people aged 18-29 and are acting founder/co-founder of an existing organization, or a project within an organization, for the 2013 fellowships.
The fellowship offers a customized learning and networking opportunity for 20 outstanding young leaders. Selected Fellows are actively engaged in developing their own learning agendas, with emphasis placed on facilitating a rich peer-to-peer learning experience. While the YouthActionNet® training does include material related to leadership theory and practice, much of the content is driven by the Fellows themselves.
The application consists of one 2:30 video and 3-page online application. It is highly recommend that you download the word version of the application to preview and craft your answers offline. This is a great way to think through your responses and have a saved copy for yourself! Once you have your application complete to your satisfaction you can return to the site and submit online.
Worth of Awards
There is not a monetary award connected with the Fellowship. YouthActionNet will pay for all expenses related to your participation in the fellowship retreat. All expenses for visa fees, transportation to the retreat in São Paulo, accommodations, meals, and local transportation will be paid for by YouthActionNet.
• Open to all young people, ages 18-29 as of October 1, 2013
• Applicants must be the acting founder/co-founder of an existing organization, or a project within an organization, with a demonstrated one year track record of leading societal change
• Proficiency in English is required; applications must be submitted in English
• Applicants must attend the full retreat (all expenses paid) to take place in early October 2013
How to Apply
- While online submissions are strongly preferred, applicants may email completed word application forms to: [email protected]
- Pro tip! It is highly recommend that you download the word version of the application to preview and craft your answers offline. This is a great way to think through your responses and have a saved copy for yourself! Once you have your application complete to your satisfaction you can return to the site and submit online.
- Video: Using instructions provided in the application, you will create an original video. Your video will be the first opportunity they have to see your passion, knowledge, and unique perspective. It is hoped you will be specific and succinct in explaining your personal relationship to your work (why you do what you do), the steps you have made towards change (what your project/organization does) and what a successful future looks like for your project/organization.
- Narrative Application: Within this section you will provide details that support what was learned in the video. Please remember to thoroughly describe your work in a way that an outsider with no knowledge of the issue you are addressing would understand. Help the organisers understand the specific programs, projects, and activities that your organization offers. They are interested in your long-term vision, but it is important for them to understand your current activities. You must provide all requested information within the narrative application.
- References: You will be asked to enter the contact information for two references who can discuss your eligibility for the fellowship.
- Supporting Documents: You will have the opportunity to submit up to three additional documents that may provide judges with a better understanding of your project.
Deadlines: Applications for the 2013 Fellowship program are due by March 17, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST. Finalists will be notified by May 22, 2013. The 2013 retreat will take place within in early October in Brazil.
For more information, and to apply, click here.