Moremi Initiative for Women’s Leadership in Africa (Moremi Initiative) announces its annual call for applications from young African women ages19 – 25, for the 2013 Moremi Leadership Empowerment and Development (MILEAD) Fellows Program.
The MILEAD Fellows Program is a long-term leadership development program designed to identify, develop and promote emerging young African Women leaders to attain and thrive in leadership in their community and Africa as a whole. The program targets dynamic young women interested in developing transformational leadership skills that help them address issues facing women and girls across communities in Africa.
Worth of Awards
- The MILEAD Fellowship will be awarded to 25 outstanding young women who have exhibited leadership potential in their community, organization, and/or profession.
- This one year program is not a full-time fellowship. Selected candidates may remain full time students or work full time for the program duration, except during the 3–week summer institute. The 3-week summer institute is an intensive and full-time residential program and all fellows will be required to attend. Thet rest of the programme involve community action.
- The MILEAD Program equips Fellows with the world class knowledge, skills, values and networks they need to succeed as 21st century women leaders.
- To be eligible for the program, an applicant must be a young African woman, living on the continent or in the Diaspora;
- agree to participate in all required activities related to MILEAD – beginning with a three-week residential Summer Institute in Ghana;
- And commit to a community change project. Specific requirements of the program and related dates are outlined in the application package. Please review program and application guidelines carefully, before completing your application.
How to Apply
- Applications are available online or by request via email. Completed application forms must be submitted along with two recommendation letters and a CV. All applications and supporting documents must be submitted by email.
- If you are recommending someone, in the recommendation form, Please give your candid assessment of the applicant’s personal and social qualities, achievements, future plans and any other factors relevant to the application for awards from the Trusts. The Trustees are looking for applicants with outstanding academic records but also with personal qualities that mark them out as potential leaders capable of making significant contributions to society qualities that mark them out as potential leaders capable of making significant contributions to society
Deadline: The deadline for completed MILEAD Fellows applications must be submitted for review by March 15, 2013.
For more information, visit their website by clicking here