The University of Skövde Graduate scholarships are now open for applications from students who are attending a Master’s programme at the University and are liable for tuition fees.
The scholarships are in three categories of scholarship grants:
- Scholarships for international master’s students liable for tuition fees.
- Scholarships offered by the Swedish Institute
- Scholarships for exchange students from the EU, EEA and Switzerland
Worth of Awards
The scholarships are tuition fee waivers of SEK 60 000 / year (50% of the tuition fee), and the amount will be deducted from the tuition fee when you receive the invoice. Please note that you have to be able to finance the rest of the tuition fee yourself and to cover all the living expenses during your stay in Sweden.
Students from these countries can apply for the scholarship: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. See more countries below.
- The scholarship granting criterion for International students liable for tuition fee is academic merits. The scholarship can only be awarded to tuition paying students.
- Please note: students from Category 1 (see list below) can only apply for the Swedish Institute Study Scholarship, while students from Category 2 (see list below) can apply to both the scholarships from the University of Skövde and the Swedish Institute Study Scholarship.
- Category 1: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
- Category 2: Candidates with citizenship from countries on the DAClist of ODA recipients, except the ones listed on Category 1 and the other following exceptions: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Georgia, Kosovo, Moldova, Russia, Serbia, Turkey and Ukraine.
How to Apply
- First apply for studies at University Admissions prior to applying for a scholarship at the University of Skövde, you must apply for one of their master’s programmes at the Swedish official online application service University Admissions. The deadline for applications for the autumn semester 2013 has passed, but at the moment they are still accepting late applications.
- Then apply for a scholarship at the University of Skövde. Fill in the Scholarship Application Form. You will need to provide them with the application number you will receive from the website University Admissions when you submit your scholarship application on their website.
Deadline: The scholarship application deadline for the master’s programmes that start in the autumn semester (August 2013) is March 25th, 2013.
NOTE: The scholarship applications for the autumn semester 2013 may be considered in two batches as below:
- Scholarship applications received until March 25th
- Scholarship applications received from March 26th to May 1st
In case the University of Skövde does not grant all scholarships in the first batch of applications, their scholarship committee will work on a second batch after the deadline so that the scholarship applications received after the deadline will also be considered for the autumn semester. Note that they will not accept scholarship applications for the autumn semester 2013 after May 1st, 2013 and cannot guarantee that scholarships will be granted in a second batch.
The first batch results will be announced in the beginning of April 2013. In case there is a second batch, its results will be announced in mid-May 2013.
For more information, click here
To start your application for admission, click here