The University of Queensland in Australia invites applications for the TC Beirne School of Law Scholarship for International Students (Undergraduate) for 2018/2019 academic year.
The following competitive scholarships are awarded to outstanding international students on the basis of academic excellence and interest in a career in law. Students who are shortlisted for consideration may be required to participate in a Skype interview. All scholarship applications must be submitted directly to the TC Beirne School of Law at the University of Queensland at [email protected]
Students will need to make a separate application to UQ International Admissions into the Bachelor of Laws (Honours) or dual degree programs.
Applications open 1 September 2018. Applications close 16 November 2018. Decisions will be made as soon as possible after the closing date.
Worth of Award
- Two scholarships are on offer: one covering 50% of the tuition fees, and one covering 25% of the tuition fees for courses undertaken towards the approved law program.
- The scholarships do not include living expenses, travel expenses, overseas health cover or the Student Services and Amenities fee.
- International students who have applied for the undergraduate program in law and who have not yet commenced at UQ.
- Students must not simultaneously hold a similar scholarship.
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and interest in a career in law. High achieving students are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- To apply, students must first complete an application for a place
- Once you have an existing application with UQ or have received an offer you can apply for a scholarship by completing an application form together with the following supporting documentation to [email protected] by 16 November 2018:
- Official academic transcript/s
- A personal statement outlining why you want a career in law
- Two reference letters
- Evidence of English proficiency (e.g. IELTS)
- Incomplete or late scholarship applications will not be considered.
- The Scholarship Committee will meet as soon as practicable after the closing date and applicants will be notified of the outcome in writing.
- Any offer of a scholarship is made subject to the approval of the candidate’s enrolment in an approved law program at The University of Queensland.
- For queries please email [email protected]