H&M Foundation invites applications for the Global Change Award in 2020. The challenge is initiated to accelerate the shift from a linear to the circular fashion industry, to protect the planet and our living conditions.
This means changing the way garments are currently designed and produced, shipped, bought, used and recycled by adding disruptive technology, processes, or new business models.
Neither the H&M Foundation nor H&M Group will take any equity or intellectual property rights in the innovations. The winners are revealed in April 2019 at a Grand Award Ceremony in Stockholm, Sweden.
Worth of Award
- Five winners are selected each year and gets to share 1 million euro and embark on a one-year Innovation Accelerator Program.
- The winners share a 1 million euro grant and receive access to a one-year Innovation Accelerator Program provided by the H&M Foundation, Accenture and KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm.
- Anyone who applies within the first half of the application period will automatically have the chance of winning the Early Bird.
- The Early Bird winner will be invited to join the five winners of the Global Change Award in one of the trips that is part of the one-year Innovation Accelerator Program. The trip offers exclusive industry insights, as well as opportunities to network and learn more about circularity and the fashion value chain.
- Applying as an Early Bird does not affect your chances of winning the Global Change Award. The winner of the Early Bird winner is not required to travel to the ceremony in Stockholm.
- Anyone (almost) can apply for the Global Change Award. Five winners are each year selected by their international expert panel, with extensive knowledge within fashion, sustainability, circularity and innovation.
- They are looking for early stage innovation that present new circular approaches with the goal to reinvent the fashion industry.
How to Apply
Apply online via their website, click the link below
Deadline: applications close October 16, 2019.