The Canon Collins Trust invites applications from students from Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimbabwe for its 2014 master’s scholarship in universities in the UK.
The scholarship is open to Southern African students who are resident in Southern Africa.
Canon Collins Trust is offering scholarships for study at the following universities:
- School of Oriental and African Studies
- University of Sussex
- University of Oxford & St Antony’s College
- University of Sheffield
- Queen Mary, University of London
The scholarships at the School of Oriental and African Studies and University of Sussex scholarships are open to any subject field. The University of Oxford scholarship is limited to the MSc in African Studies and the University of Sheffield scholarship is limited to Masters study courses in the field of International Development offered by the Department of Geography. The scholarship at Queen Mary is limited to the MSc in Global Public Health and Policy
Worth of Awards
The scholarship covers full tuition fees, a monthly stipend, a return economy flight, a settling-in allowance and other support whilst in the UK. They do not fund PhD study.
To apply for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- Be a national of, or have refugee status, in one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Be normally resident in southern Africa
- Be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- Be applying for a full-time one-year taught masters course at one of the above named universities.
- Have at least 2 years work experience in a relevant field
How to Apply
- This scholarship is now open for applications starting January 13, 2014 for study commencing in September or October 2014.
- Applicants can access the application forms and guidelines on their webpage.
- Applicants must apply to their chosen universities separately and awards are conditional on the applicant being offered a place at the relevant university.
- They are only accepting online applications for this scheme.
- When the scheme closes the forms will no longer be available to you on their website.
Deadline: Application closes at 22:00 GMT, March 10, 2014.