The Politecnico di Milano, Department of Physics in Italy invites applications for the ADDITIONAL CALLS 34th CYCLE open to Italian and International Ph.D. researchers for the 2018/2019 academic year.
The Politecnico di Milano, Department of Physics has opened the admission selection call for 1 available place, with a Ph.D. research topic scholarship available, research being restricted to the research topic “Innovative photonic technologies for non invasive functional monitoring of biological tissue” within the Ph.D Programme in Physics, 34th cycle (as described in the Research topic description form attached).
The selection call is open to Italian and foreign nationals. Stateless students are viewed as foreign students.
Admission to Ph.D. programmes will be determined on the basis of an assessment of the educational curriculum and qualifications, the Personal statement and a document illustrating the development of a possible Ph.D. research project, which candidates must send at the time of applying for selection, as specified in Art. 3 below, and of the suitability of the candidate for the research topic. The PhD programme will last three years.
Worth of Award
- For PhD candidates with a scholarship, the regional fee, the stamp duties and insurance costs will be withheld each year, from the first monthly grant. This amount is established on a yearly basis. For the academic year 2017-2018, this amount is equal to Euro 172.20, unless there are changes in national and regional legislation.
- PhD students without a scholarship, for the first enrolment and for enrolment in the following years, will be required to pay the amount mentioned above.
(Requirements for Participation in the Selection)
- Italian and foreign citizens holding a degree diploma achieved in the education system prior to Italian Ministerial Decree dated 3.11.1999 no. 509, or a Specialist degree achieved in accordance with Italian Ministerial Decree dated 3.11.1999 no. 509, or a Master of Science degree achieved in accordance with Italian Ministerial Decree dated 22.10.2004 no. 270, or an equivalent academic qualification achieved abroad, comparable in duration and content to the above Italian qualifications and approved in advance by the admission boards, may submit an application to participate in the call for admission to the selection.
- In the case of a foreign qualification, candidates must submit all relevant documents for the purposes of allowing the admission boards to decide upon the suitability of the qualification achieved abroad.
Admission to the call is only for applicants who:
• have obtained a Laurea Magistrale in Italy (or equivalent qualifications that are valid for admission to
PhD programmes) with a final mark no lower than 95/110 or 86/100;
• in case of qualifications obtained abroad, have the minimum average score in exams indicated
in the appendix to the call (attachment 1). For the Countries not included in this list, the
evaluation will be carried out directly by the judging panel
How to Apply
Admission applications, prepared according to the outline in attachment 3 and the respective attached documentation, must be prepared and sent exclusively by email to Mrs. Daniela Rossi, [email protected] by 14:00 on 10 September 2018 (all times identified in this call are understood to be Italy time).
Deadline: applications close 14:00 on 10 September 2018