The Japanese Government and International Organizations are offering masters scholarship to exceptionally qualified candidates at the National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) in Japan for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Located in the heart of the fascinating city of Tokyo, The National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) is an international premier policy school with the aim of contributing to the betterment of democratic governance around the world. They excel at providing interdisciplinary education for future leaders in the public sector and conduct research on contemporary policy issues to generate innovative solutions.
Worth of Award
- A monthly stipend which is intended to cover living expenses such as food, clothing, and other daily expenses, as well as accommodation, transportation, medical treatment, insurance, and various miscellaneous expenses related to your study at GRIPS. This stipend is fixed and cannot be increased to cover family members.
- Monthly stipend: for MP1, MP2, PA (during master’s course): JPY147,000;
- Application fee, admission fee, and tuition.
- An economy-class air ticket from your home country to Japan upon enrollment at GRIPS and an economy-class air ticket from Japan to your home country upon completion of your studies at GRIPS.
- The specific scholarship will be determined by GRIPS based on the eligibility requirements imposed by the scholarship providers.
- Please note that scholarships are allocated on a competitive basis and that only a limited number of scholarships are available.
- Under 35 years of age as of April 1, 2021
- Nationals of countries with which Japan has diplomatic relations
- Non-residents of Japan
How to Apply
To apply for any of the following programs, download their Online Application Guide 2021-2022 and follow the 3 steps listed below.
- One-year Master‘s Program of Public Policy (MP1)
- Two-year Master’s Program of Public Policy (MP2)
- Macroeconomic Policy Program (MEP) (One year Program or Two-year Program) for externally funded or self-financed applicants only
- Public Finance Program (PF)
Step 1 Online Entry Form
Fill out and submit the Online Entry Form. The Admissions Office will send you an ID and a password by e-mail.
Step 2 Online Application Form
Use your ID and password to access the GRIPS portal, G-way. Complete and submit the Online Application Form.
Step 3 Supporting documents
Send the required supporting documents to the Admissions Office by post.
Deadline: applications close February 26, 2021