The Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship in Australia is open to applicants who must be Australian citizens or permanent residents for the 2019 academic year.
The Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship supports Australia’s future leaders by providing an enriching postgraduate experience for talented individuals to study at one of Australia’s leading universities, participate in a bespoke, nine-month, Leadership Development Program and the chance to add a global context to their education, with tailored international experiences of up to six months.
Scholarship recipients will be exceptional people, chosen for their ability to make a difference to Australia’s future in one of our three focus areas:
Technology and innovation; Strengthening the ties between Australia-Asia; and Enabling positive social change.
Worth of Award
- 17 scholarships, valued at up to $120,000, over, typically 2-3 years, will be awarded in 2018 for research or coursework studies at postgraduate level.
- Consideration for fourth year funding will be given, in exceptional circumstances, to PhD applicants. This request must be included in this application.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (NZ citizens who are not also Australian citizens are not eligible);
- You must have completed your first undergraduate degree after 1
September 2013,or will complete by 31 December 2018;
- You must have achieved or are on track to achieve an average result of H1 or H2A (or equivalent – typically a minimum of 75%);
- You have chosen to undertake full-time a Masters by coursework or research, or a PhD at a Participating University;
- For PhD and Masters by research applicants only, a Letter of Support is required from your university from your supervisor, Dean of the Faculty or Head of School or equivalent;
- For PhD and Masters by research applicants only, your proposed area of research must be in a field of research at a Participating University with an Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) four digit Field of Research (FOR) rating of “well above world standard”. Exceptions to this will be considered for FOR ERA rating of “above world standard”, provided the university Letter of Support accompanying your application comments on why the area of research should be considered and is above world standing.
How to Apply
Apply online via their website, click the link below
Deadline: applications close 5 September 2018