The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study of foreign nationals from developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic for 2018/2019 academic year.
These so called Government Scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study:
1) in follow-up Master study programmes plus one-year preparatory course of the Czech language (which is combined with other field-specific training). Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from Bachelor’s degree courses who can enrol only in study programmes in which instruction is given in the Czech language. Depending on the subject area, applicants are normally required to sit entrance examinations at the higher education institution concerned. Successful passing of entrance examinations constitutes a precondition for the scholarship award;
2) in follow-up Master study programmes or Doctoral study programmes. Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from Bachelor or Master study programmes, respectively, who enrol in study programmes with instruction in the English language.
Worth of Award
- Government Scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study
- The scholarship covers the necessary costs related to staying and studying in the Czech Republic.
- The scholarship amount is regularly amended. Currently the amount paid to students on a follow-up Master’s study programme stands at CZK 14,000 per month, whereas the amount paid to students of a Doctoral study programme stands at CZK 15,000 per month.
- The above scholarship amount includes an amount designated for the payment of accommodation costs
Granting scholarships to citizens from developing countries for studies at Czech public higher education institutions (referred to as “universities”)
How to Apply
Each applicant is obliged to fill in an electronic application form by 30 September of the year prior to the given academic year (i.e. the calendar year that precedes the academic year for which scholarships are offered).
Deadline: applications close 30 September 2018