The University of Copenhagen in Denmark invites applications for the 12 PhD positions at Biotech Research and Innovation Centre (BRIC) for the 2018/2019 academic session.
iMED offers young researchers a unique opportunity to join an international and interdisciplinary PhD program within the field of molecular mechanisms of disease. iMED offers a personalized research and training programme, seeking to empower all students to fully exploit the potential of their talent. The aim is to nurture scientific creativity, critical thinking, collaborative skills and provide the groundwork for career tracks in academia or industry.
Worth of Award
- Depending on seniority, the monthly salary begins around 26,400 DKK (ca. 3,400 EUR) plus pension.
- iMED offers 36 months fellowships, attractive employment conditions at BRIC and enrolment as a PhD-student at the Graduate School of Health and Medical Sciences, UCPH.
- Each PhD student will work with an original interdisciplinary research project, developed jointly by the student and supervisor in one of BRIC’s 24 laboratories.
- The programme is open for motivated researchers with a Master degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field and maximum three years of experience since issuing of the degree at the time of application.
- Applicants with an MD can have up to five years of experience.
- Prolonged career breaks are taken into acoount (parental leave, illness, military- or civil service).
- Mobility is required and applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activities (work etc.) for more than 12 months in Denmark in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline. Also, applicants may not have been employed at UCPH more than three months prior to the application deadline.
How to Apply
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below. The application must include the following:
- Motivation letter (Cover Letter)
- Diploma and detailed transcripts of records (MSc and BSc)
- List of 1-2 referees (template available on www.imed.ku.dk to be used)
- Mobility Declaration (template available on www.imed.ku.dk to be used)
- Documentation for Career Breaks (if any)
- Other relevant information for consideration
Please carefully read the detailed description of eligibility criteria and requirements of the application in the Applicant’s Guide found at www.imed.ku.dk Receipts of the applications will be acknowledged, and the applicant will be kept continuously informed of the progress of the application.
Deadline: applications close August 15th, 2018.