The Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Turkey is offering the International Photography Contest on Volunteering for photographers in 2019.
The International Photography Contest Themed Volunteering is organized with the aims of underlying the importance of youth volunteering in the whole world, ensuring a more active role is taken by the youth in volunteering works and raising awareness internationally in this regard. One of the objectives of the contest is to increase the dynamism and enthusiasm of the youth with pleasant and successful examples of the infinite world of volunteering and combine this enthusiasm with the values of sharing by approaching to universal values from the viewpoint of international society and especially young individuals.
International Photography Contest Themed “Volunteering”. This contest is organized by the Ministry of Youth and Sports in cooperation with Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum. The contest will be carried out by the General Directorate of International Organizations and Foreign Relations of the Ministry of Youth and Sports.
Worth of Award
- First Place: TFSF Gold Medal + 10.000 (ten thousand) TL
- Second Place: TFSF Silver Medal + 7.500 (seven thousand and five hundred) TL
- Third Place: TFSF Bronze Medal + 5.000 (five thousand) TL
- Ministry of Youth and Sports Special Prize on Promoting the Art of Photography: 5.000 (five thousand) TL
- Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum Special Prize on Promoting the Art of Photography: Invitation to one of the international activities to be conducted within the body of ICYF
Exhibition (maximum 50 photographs) 250 TRY
- Domestic and International transportation fees, accommodation and food expenses of the prize-winning photographers will be covered.
- Photographers who win the medal prizes may participate in the award ceremony if they wish, providing that they cover their own personal expenses. If the photographers who won medals are unable to participate in the award ceremony, their awards will be sent, upon request, to their postal address.
- Participation in the contest is free of charge.
- All participants must be at the age of 18-35.
- Participating in the contest is open to all amateur or professional photographers. Participation in the contest will not have the condition of being Turkish citizen and will be open to the photographers of different countries. Members of the Executive Committee, Contest Secretariat and the Jury members and TSFS representative, and their first-degree relatives may not participate.
- Each contestant may participate with maximum 4 (four) Digital Color or Black & White photographs.
- Participants acknowledge, declare and undertake that they fully own the photographs they will upload to the web site for the contest, and all relevant permissions are obtained. Any action to the contrary will be considered as a violation of the rules.
- Any intervention or modification by contestants, aiming to mislead the assessment committee by presenting another person’s photograph as their own work will be considered as a violation of rules.
How to Apply
- As the contest will be organized online, no other alternative submittal methods (email, cargo, personal delivery, etc.) will be accepted.
- Online submittal of the contest photographs will be performed digitally only via the web addresses listed
- Participants are obliged to go to the http://tfsfonayliyarismalar.org/ website, sign up as a member and approve the contest specifications. By ticking the check box, the contestants are deemed to have accepted all terms and conditions of the specifications. The membership will be finalized after clicking the activation link sent to the member’s e-mail address by the system.
- Existing members can use their existing user names and passwords.
- Sizing and naming of the photographs to be submitted must be performed in advance, the files must be made ready and uploaded in a single session.
- Contest photographs must be saved in the jpg/jpeg format, 300 dpi and 7-12 compression quality, with a short edge of minimum 1920 pixels and a long edge of maximum 3200 pixels, and the size of the files should not be less than 2 Mb and more than 4 Mb.
- The Participants will add an explanation text for each of the photos composed of at least 500 but not exceeding 2000 characters while submitting photographs. The explanation text might be in English, Arabic, French or Turkish.
- File names should not include more than 31 characters. File names should not include the characters “ç, ı, ğ, ö, ş, ü”. English letters and under-bar character ( _ ) may be used.
- All letters should be lowercase letters, except for country codes and section definition letters.
- In case of any problems arising from the system or the user during the online sign-up or participation phases, users must contact the [email protected] e-mail address. The problem will be resolved, and the participant will be informed as soon as possible. Photographs sent to the said address will not provide participation in the contest.
Deadline: applications for International Photography Contest Themed Volunteering close November 17, 2019