The University of Manchester in the UK is inviting applications for the Master’s Scholarship for Tanzanians for the 2020/2021 academic session.
The master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds. Scholarships are available for specific courses in engineering, environment, health sciences, development, education, textiles, and law.
Note that there is a clear separation between the process of awarding the scholarships and their admissions procedure. Scholarships are awarded entirely on merit. It is not necessary to have an academic offer of admission to apply for the scholarship. There is no advantage or disadvantage in having an academic offer. If you are selected for the scholarship you will be automatically admitted to the course of your choice.
Worth of Award
- There are 29 scholarships (19 for full-time study and 10 for online study) for selected courses available to students from Uganda, Ethiopia, Rwanda, and Tanzania
- The scholarships cover full tuition fees, and for students who will be studying in Manchester, the award includes return international airfares, living expenses, and visas.
To apply you will need:
- Degree certificates and transcripts, showing subjects are taken and grades achieved (temporary copies or certificates of graduation will suffice for this application).
- Evidence of your English Language ability as stated above.
- Two up-to-date signed references. References must be on letter headed paper and addressed to ‘Equity and Merit Scholarships at The University of Manchester’. They don’t need to be sent confidentially and there is no fixed format.
How to Apply
To apply for the Tanzanian Masters Scholarship, you must provide;
- Degree certificates and transcripts, showing subjects taken and grades achieved. (Temporary copies or certificates of graduation will suffice for this application)
- Evidence of your English Language ability (if you already have it), you will need one of the following as a minimum: IELTS score of 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in writing) or TOEFL: score of 90 (with no sub-test below 22)
- An English Language certificate is not required at the time of application.
- If you are shortlisted for the scholarship, you will be asked to take the IELTS or TOEFL test.
Deadline: Applications close August 31, 2019.