The National Centres of Competence in Research (NCCR) in Switzerland invites applications for MARVEL Master’s Fellowships for 2022/23 academic year.
MARVEL Master’s Fellowships aim to empower excellent female students to conduct their Master’s thesis research in a laboratory belonging to the NCCR MARVEL on “Computational Design and Discovery of Novel Materials”.
In a field of science where women are still strongly underrepresented, even at the student level, the INSPIRE Potentials – MARVEL Master’s Fellowships aim to empower excellent female students to conduct their Master’s thesis research in a laboratory belonging to the NCCR MARVEL on “Computational Design and Discovery of Novel Materials”. This initiative seeks to increase the number of women researchers in the field of simulation science, as represented by the different laboratories involved. A parallel initiative is available through the NCCR QSIT on “Quantum Science and Technology”.
Worth of Award
- CHF 12’000 (split into 6 monthly payments). For travel and other additional expenditures, external awardees (from outside of Switzerland or with a host laboratory other than their home institution) get in addition CHF 500.
- The NCCR MARVEL covers tuition fees as well as medical insurance for extra-Europeans students, who are not covered by their own country insurance.
- Supervision in a stimulating research environment.
- Social and networking events with students and researchers from the NCCR.
Note: Accommodation and other expenses must be paid by the awardee. Combining this fellowship with substantial scholarships isn’t possible. Candidates are required to declare all the scholarships they will receive during their master’s and eligibility will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
dedicated to female Master’s students about to start their Master’s research work, who
- demonstrate outstanding motivation and potential to conduct their project in the laboratory of a principal investigator from MARVEL;
- meet the requirements for student enrollment at the host university.
How to Apply
Applications are to be submitted by email to [email protected]
All documents and diplomas should preferably be in English.
- Résumé (Curriculum vitae)
- Motivation letter, including a list of up to a max of 3 preferred host laboratories
- One or two recommendation letters, mentioning ranking among peers. These letters should be sent separately by the recommender(s) to [email protected]
- Copy of your University degree(s) / transcripts from all grades
Deadline: applications close October 15, 2022.