To honour Venerable Master Hsing Yun, Hsing Yun Education Foundation (HYEF) is offering the Hsing Yun Education Foundation (HYEF) Scholarship to assist high achieving international students to undertake Applied Buddhist Studies programs at Nan Tien Institute (NTI) Australia for the 2018/2019 academic year.
They hope that people with similar visions can contribute to this great initiative.
Worth of Award
- There are ten (10) scholarships available to awarded over two (2) semesters annually.
Each scholarship will provide for the following:
- Tuition fees for the course of study at NTI;
- Twin share accommodation at the Pilgrim Lodge of Nan Tien Temple;
- Vegetarian meals provided by Nan Tien Temple.
- The scholarship does not include the cost of visa application, health check or health cover, travel insurance, living expenses, books or any other additional expenses associated with living in Australia or study at NTI or accompaniment by family members.
- The scholarship is not transferable or redeemable for cash, should the recipient choose to find their own off-campus accommodation or provide/purchase their own meals.
- An additional weekly payment be charged if scholarship recipient wishes to upgrade the twin share accommodation to a single room.
The applicant must have been admitted or been offered admission to one of the following Applied Buddhist Studies courses at NTI:
- Master of Arts (Applied Buddhist Studies)
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Buddhist Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Buddhist Studies
The applicant must be a citizen of an overseas country (excluding New Zealand), and not normally reside in Australia.
- Selection will be based on academic merit, reasons for undertaking the course, interview performance if required. The decision on award will be made by the HYEF Selection Committee.
- Applicants are required to submit their application for admission to NTI prior to applying for the Scholarship. The number assigned to the online application for admission or current student ID must be indicated. Otherwise, the scholarship application is considered incomplete and will not be processed further.
How to Apply
A complete International Scholarship Application Form and all the supporting documentation should be emailed to [email protected] by the closing date.
Deadline: applications close 15 October 2018