The Massey University in New Zealand invites applications for the College of Humanities and Social Sciences International Excellence Scholarship for 2018/2019 academic year.
The Massey University College of Humanities and Social Sciences International Excellence Scholarship (“the Scholarship”) aims to attract highly capable new international students with demonstrated academic excellence to study in a College of Humanities and Social Sciences full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme.
The Scholarship is applicable to any of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences programmes offered to new international full fee-paying students across all Massey University campuses.
The Scholarships will be competitive and awarded based on academic merit at the discretion of the selection committee.
Worth of Award
The Scholarship is valued at NZD $5,000 for each 120 credits enrolled, for the total credit value of the Programme.
•Undergraduate Programme maximum: NZD $20,000 (for a 4-year programme)
•Postgraduate Programme maximum: NZD $10,000 (for a 2-year programme)
The total number of new scholarships to be awarded each year is subject to approval by the College of Humanities and Social Sciences Executive Group.
- Recipients must be full-fee paying international students, who are neither citizens nor permanent residents of New Zealand or Australia, and who are enrolling for the first time in a programme at Massey University.
- Applicants must remain full-fee paying international students throughout the duration of their study in order to remain eligible for the scholarship.
- The recipient must be enrolled full-time (equivalent to at least 120 credits per year) in an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate programme offered by the College of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- This scholarship is not available for applicants wanting to study the Doctor of Philosophy programme.
- Recipients must be enrolled as “internal” students (who take courses delivered by either Internal or Block mode). Students enrolling as distance or mixed mode delivery (combination of Internal and Distance courses) are not eligible to apply.
- Continuation of the award payment is subject to the recipient remaining in an eligible programme and maintaining the required Grade Point Average (GPA) after the first and subsequent years:
•For undergraduate study: a GPA of 5.0 (B average) must be maintained
•For postgraduate study: a GPA of 6.0 (B+ average) must be maintainedThe Scholarship is subject to the recipient meeting all programme admission requirements.
How to Apply
- Please submit your application to [email protected]
- The Award will be based on academic merit at the discretion of the selection committee.
- A selection committee will be appointed by the College of Humanities and Social Sciences Executive Group to assess all applications.
- Applicants will be notified whether or not they have been awarded the Scholarship as soon as possible after the application deadline.
Deadline: applications close 1st December for enrolments into Semester 1 the year after or by 1st May for enrolments into Semester 2 of the same year.