The Wells Mountain Foundation, a public charitable foundation based in Bristol, Vermont, USA, calls for application from undergraduates in developing countries into its 2013 scholarship programme.
The purpose of the Foundation is primarily to support programs and individuals in developing nations or other situations of extreme poverty.
Each year the Foundation’s Empowerment Through Education program provides support to students as they pursue various educational objectives. Support is provided for post-secondary school (college, university, polytechnic, trade school).
- The plan is that by providing the opportunity to further one’s education, the scholarship participants will not only be able to improve their own future, but also that of their own communities. The foundation believes in the power and importance of community service and, as a result, all scholarship participants are required to volunteer for a minimum of one month a year
- Support is not provided for graduate degrees or study in the US, UK or other developed countries
Worth of Awards
- The scholarship award ranges from $300.US to $3000.US and also covers Tuition and fees books and materials room rent and meals
- Financial support is primarily given to cover the costs of the education itself and directly related expenses including books and supplies.
- Scholarships are generally granted for the full period of study, however, recipients must maintain good grades and provide copies of all semester reports and grades as they are received.
To apply for this scholarship, you must be:
A student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
- successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world
- plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate
- has volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMF scholarship
- may have some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship
- The scholarship can be discontinued at any time in the event of unsatisfactory performance
- The scholarship awards are determined by the Scholarship Committee of the Board of
Directors of the Wells Mountain Foundation and awarded once a year.
How to Apply
- It is highly recommended that you review the FAQ for Scholars section on their website before you complete the application. Incomplete applications will be discarded unread.
- You should Submit a complete, legible 2013 application in English (please proof-read before submitting).
- Because they receive many applications, incomplete applications will not be considered.