Robert S. McNamara (RSM) Fellowships Program calls on graduate students who are nationals and residents of a World Bank member country to apply for the 2013 fellowships programme.
The Program has a new structure to provide support to young researchers who are working in academic and research institutions from eligible countries and preparing a doctoral thesis.
Worth of Awards
Research grants cover residence costs for a 5 to 10 month period in a renowned university or research center. Fellows are expected to advance their research work mainly by using the facilities provided by the host institution, having access to essential resources such as reference books and research publications, databases and software, attending seminars and eventually courses, and more generally by interacting with peers.
Applicants must meet the following general criteria to be eligible for a fellowship award:
- Be a national and resident of a World Bank member country which is currently eligible to borrow;
- Candidates should be under 45 years of age. Candidates born before July 31, 1968 will not be considered;
- Must have completed and been awarded at least a Master’s degree, or equivalent, at the time of application;
- Be regularly registered in a development related doctoral program;
- Must have completed all coursework and exam requirements for their doctoral program;
- Be employed as full time lecturer or researcher by an academic or research institution in their home country;
- Be accepted as a visiting scholar by a renowned university located outside the country of origin or residence for a period of five to ten month
How to Apply
Application forms for Robert S. McNamara (RSM) Fellowships Program are available in English, French, and Spanish in PDF format.
Each application consists of the three documents: 1) RSM Application Form 2013-14; 2) Letter of Reference (Professional or Academic), and 3) Statement of Acceptance by Host Institution & Research Adviser
Please note that any change of the original formatting of the application is not acceptable and the application will not be processed.
Applications sent by fax or e-mail will not be processed.
Deadline: The deadline for submission of applications for Robert S. McNamara (RSM) Fellowships Program is July 31, 2013.
For more information, and to apply, click here