Copenhagen Business School in Denmark invites applications for a number of vacant PhD scholarships within the fields of Accounting in the 2021/22 academic session.
Core research areas of the Department of Accounting and Auditing are (1) financial accounting, (2) management accounting, and (3) auditing.
The department’s researchers collaborate on specific research projects using a variety of quantitative as well as qualitative methods. Teaching responsibilities of the Department comprise undergraduate and graduate teaching in Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, and Auditing.
Teaching responsibilities of the Department comprise undergraduate and graduate teaching in Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Auditing
Worth of Award
- A PhD scholarship runs for a period of 3 years, and includes teaching obligations equivalent of ½ year’s work (840 work hours).
- The scholarships are fully salaried positions, according to the national Danish collective agreement. The scholarship includes the tuition fees, office space, travel grants plus a salary, currently starting with per month app. DKK 27.568 up to DKK 33.293 depending on seniority, plus a pension contribution totalling 17, 1 % of 85 per cent of the base salary.
- The salary level and appointment is determined by the Ministry of Finance’s collective agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
- International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- To be considered, the candidate should have a basic training at the Masters level (similar to the 3 + 2 Bologna process). An educational background in the social sciences is necessary. The applicant must have successfully completed the Master’s degree before commencing PhD at CBS. The applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply
- The Recruitment Committee expects to shortlist at least two-five applicants to be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
- Applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
- Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
- Please find guidelines and further information on scholarships and the Doctoral Programme at http://uk.cbs.dk/phd.
- Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
- Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Deadline: applications close April 9, 2021.