Merit Awards for International Students in Mexico are offered to more than 180 countries through a series of bilateral conventions, multilateral programs and special agreements for the 2018/2019 academic year.
More than 70 Mexican institutions participate and all offer academic programs registered with the National Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT) as National Quality Graduate Programs. These programs demonstrate the progress made by Mexico in the sciences and humanities.
By offering Mexican government scholarships for international students, Mexico strengthens its role as an actor with global responsibility and renews its commitment to cooperation programs that help create highly-skilled human capital. The presence in Mexico of international students, academics and scientists helps build permanent bridges of dialogue that enrich the long-term foreign policy agenda through contributions of exceptional value for the country and its partners abroad. In addition, the Mexican institutions and academic community benefit from the increased internationalization.
Worth of Award
The grant includes Monthly stipend, Registration fees and tuition (as established by the program at each institution), Health insurance, Round-trip international airfare at beginning and end of the scholarship, and Transportation from Mexico City to the host institution and back at the start and end of the scholarship (if studying outside of Mexico City.),
Requirements for all applicants:
- Scholarships are open to International students and must possess:
- Bachelors, Master’s or Ph.D. degree, as required by the program for which the scholarship is requested.
- Minimum grade point average of eight (8.0) on a scale of 0 to 10, or the equivalent, for the last academic degree received.
- Be accepted to or currently enrolled in a program at one of the participating Mexican institutions.
How to Apply
- The admissions process of the Mexican institution and its letter of acceptance are independent of the scholarship program.
- Applicants are responsible for applying for admission directly to the academic program of interest. The applicant must present a nominating letter from his/her government for the scholarship application to be processed.
- Submission of an acceptance letter, a nominating letter and/or all of the required documents does not automatically result in a scholarship. Applicants must go through the scholarship selection process.
- The entire scholarship application process must be done at the Mexican embassy in the applicant’s country or at the concurrent embassy. NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED DIRECTLY FROM THE APPLICANTS.
- It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Deadline: applications close September 28, 2018 at 15:00 (local time in Mexico).