A public selection based on qualifications is open to award no. 2 grant in the field of “High-Performance Computing for Earth Sciences”, by the scientific research section “Oceanografia” – OCE of the Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e di Geofisica Sperimentale – OGS – Scientific Disciplinary Sector profilo 1: GEO/12; profilo 2: GEO/11. The grant is awarded with the principal aim of giving young graduates aged 30 or less the possibility to carry out research activities within the fields requested by OGS.
The grant is not compatible with any other types of grants, not fellowships or allowances of like nature. The grant is not compatible with permanent private or public employ, with the exception of unpaid leave from work. OGS may not pay any additional payments to grantees.
Worth of Award
- The grant will have a duration of 12 months and cannot be renewed automatically. On request from the Tutor, the grant renewal may be proposed by the Director of the Section where the grantee is implementing the research activities to the General Director of OGS. The renewal proposal shall be accompanied by a short report written by the grant holder detailing the implemented activities and which should be countersigned by the Tutor
- The gross annual salary of the research grant, net for charges borne by OGS and including the social security contributions concerning the part borne by the grantee, is equal to € 14.400,00 and shall be paid in monthly installments.
- All expenses connected to travel and living will be reimbursed to the grantee when carrying out research activities out of the OGS headquarters in proportion to the allowance paid to the OGS staff belonging to the III professional level.
The requirements for the admission to the public selection are:
- Age 30 or less;
- Degree obtained in accordance with the current legislation before Ministerial Decree no. 509/99 in scientific disciplines or Master’s Degree as per Ministerial Decree no. 270/04 in all assimilated classes pursuant Interministerial Decree dated July 9 2009 and according to the table annexed to the same Decree obtained by Italian Universities or degrees issued by Universities abroad;
- Good knowledge of the English language;
- Knowledge of the Italian language (only for foreign applicants).
How to Apply
The application forms for the participation in the call shall be sent in a simple paper, according to the form herewith attached (Annex 1), signed by the applicants and sent by one of the following options:
- Hand delivery at OGS Località Borgo Grotta Gigante 42/c – 34010 Sgonico (TS), Ufficio Affari Generali e Protocollo Room no. n.34, 1st floor, from Monday to Friday from 9.30 to 12.30 am. Application forms submitted in this way must be handed in at the latest by 12.30 (midday and a half) on the closing date. The postmark date and time will serve as proof as well as the form filled in by the Ufficio Affari Generali e Protocollo of OGS;
- – By registered mail with notice of delivery to:
Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e di Geofisica Sperimentale – OGS Ufficio Affari Generali e Protocollo (Room no.34, 1st floor) Località Borgo Grotta Gigante, 42/c
34010 Sgonico – TS. The application form shall be presented at the latest the fifth day following the date of closure of the call. The official postmark date will serve as proof;
– By PEC (Electronic Certified Email), in conformity with the current legislation on the matter, to the following PEC address: [email protected] The application form must be handed in at the latest by 12.30 (half past midday) on the closing date;
– By email, to the following email address: [email protected]
– The application form must be handed in at the latest by 12.30 (half past midday) on the closing date.
- The candidate shall also attach to the application:
1) Self-declaration affidavit in accordance with art. 46 Presidential Decree dated. 28.12.2000, no. 445 (Annex 2), concerning the degree or the PhD obtained;
2) Self-declaration affidavit, in accordance with art. 47 Presidential Decree dated 28.12.2000, no. 445 (Annex 3), concerning the curriculum vitae and eventual any other possible documents, titles. Borgo Grotta Gigante 42/C Tel. +39 040 21401 Cod. Fisc. E Partita IVA: 00055590327 E-mail: [email protected] 34010 Sgonico (Trieste) Fax +39 0
Deadline: Applications close February 28, 2019