The UCD Sports Graduate Scholarship (SGS) in Ireland is a scholarship programme specifically for students who are competing and succeeding at the highest sporting level – nationally and internationally – while simultaneously completing a postgraduate programme at UCD. Please note that to be considered for this scholarship, applicants must be accepted to their chosen programme and must also complete a separate scholarship application form.
The UCD Sports Graduate Scholarship (SGS) supports athletes in their pursuit of both sporting and academic success. Successful applicants will be known as “UCD Graduate Sports Scholar
Candidates qualifying for more than one scholarship or bursary and successful in that, can’t add or combine them. They will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates can’t transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year so will be awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place only in UCD Smurfit. That is, students can’t defer their place in UCD Smurfit to a future year.
Worth of Award
- 50% course fee reduction.
- UCD club supports in facilities and training programmes.
- Access to gyms and facilities.
- Team/club Strength and Conditioning.
- Nutritional Advice.
- Academic Mentoring Support.
- Applicants MUST have already applied for and been offered a place on a UCD Postgraduate course in UCD College of Science, UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School or School of Education, Professional Master of Education (PME), UCD School of Public Health, Physiotherapy & Population Science.
- The focus of the GSS programme is on a number of selected sports: GAA, Athletics, Rugby, Soccer, Hockey and Rowing although outstanding applicants from other sports may also be considered.
- It is open to UCD students having completed their undergraduate studies as well as other Irish and non-Irish students who have completed their undergraduate studies in another Irish University/Third Level Institution. Students who have completed their undergraduate studies outside Ireland will also be considered.
•Details of Post Graduate Programmes in UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School can be found at: www.smurfitschool.ie/careers
•Details of Post Graduate Programmes in Science can be found at: www.ucd.ie/science_taught_graduate_studies
•Details of Professional Masters of Education can be found at: www.ucd.ie/education/courses
•Details of Post Graduate Programmes in School of Public Health, Physiotherapy & Population Science can be found at www.ucd.ie/phpps/postgraduateprogrammes
How to Apply
Applications open on the 1st of June 2018 and will close on the 31st of July 2018.
The link to apply is:
If you apply and want get back to you application you put in the following link:
Deadline: applications close 31st of July 2018.