TED invites applications for the TED Fellows programme in 2020. They select people from every discipline and every country to be Fellows.
Since launching the TED Fellows program ten years ago, they’ve gotten to know and support some of the brightest, most ambitious thinkers, change-makers and culture-shakers from nearly every discipline and corner of the world. The numbers speak for themselves:
- 472 Fellows covering a vast array of disciplines, from astrophysics to the arts
- 96 countries represented
- More than 1.3 million views per TED Talk given by Fellows (on average)
- At least 90 new businesses and 46 nonprofits fostered within the program
Whether it’s discovering new galaxies, leading social movements or making waves in environmental conservation, with the support of TED, the Fellows are dedicated to making the world a better place through their innovative work. And you could be one of them.
Worth of Award
- You become part of a diverse, collaborative and global community of more than 500 emerging and established experts.
- You receive professional development through virtual workshops and webinars.
- You gain valuable feedback from TED’s expert coaches on how to hone, express and communicate your work and your ideas.
- You will give a TED Talk (at a virtual or live event, depending on the state of the global pandemic).
- You’ll receive career coaching and mentorship from our team of professional coaches.
- You’ll get public relations guidance and media training.
- You’ll participate in virtual programming for TED Fellows.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in and contribute to a thriving and connected global community.
- You will get a possible invitation to attend the special TEDMonterey conference in Monterey, California. (Note: while they are currently planning on an in-person conference in Monterey [May 29–June 4, 2021], given the global pandemic this conference may be cancelled and the TED Fellowship may become entirely virtual. This will depend on expert advice and local health safety protocols.)
- An idea worth spreading!
- A completed online application consisting of general biographical information, short essays on your work and three references (It’s short, fun, and it’ll make you think…)
- You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- You must be excited to participate in a collaborative, interdisciplinary global community.
- You must be fluent in English.
- You must be available May 29–June 4, 2021.
They look for different applicants than many other leadership-oriented programs. Instead of business people, policy wonks and government officials, the TED Fellows program focuses on doers, makers, inventors, advocates, filmmakers and photographers, musicians and artists, scientists, entrepreneurs, NGO heads, and human rights activists.
In addition to impressive accomplishment, fine character and a good heart are also important traits they look for in TED Fellows. More than anything, this focus on character has defined the success of the TED Fellows program.
How to Apply
- The online application can take as little as 20 minutes.
- It asks for general biographical information, short essays on your work and three references.
Deadline: Apply now through August 24, 2020 at 11:59pm UTC.