Merck Accelerator’s satellite seeks an early stage start-up based in Southern Africa, working at the cutting edge of innovation and would like to run a collaboration project with Merck to solve real-life problems and have a startup innovation related to Healthcare, Life Sciences, and Performance Materials and our innovation focus areas.
In partnership with MEST Incubator in Cape Town, Merck Accelerator’s satellite program in Cape Town is your gateway to quickly explore and validate the potential for co-creating and collaborating with Merck. Apply to get a chance to work on a collaboration project with existing Merck’s innovation projects.
Worth of Award
This is your gateway to quickly explore and validate the potential for co-creating and collaborating with Merck. In addition, we have a few perks for the winner:
- Prize: Receive a $3,000 no-strings-attached cash prize
- Corporate Collaboration: A fully paid trip to Merck Innovation Center at our HQs to pitch for a collaboration project with Merck.
- Office Space: Membership for up to 12 months to MEST community in Cape Town.
- TrainToInnovate: Access to Merck Innovator Academy TrainToInnovate— an interactive innovation platform to develop innovator skills and share experiences.
- Community: Connect with a rich community of founders and innovators in your region going through the same challenges, as you exchange ideas and build lifetime connections.
Healthcare Access Solutions
Born out of the Merck innovation spirit for healthier people worldwide, currently, a pilot consisting of 5 Points of Care facilities at high standards of quality are being set up in Kenya. The platform concept will provide for medication (Dx/OTC) and nurse services enhanced through mobile and digital health solutions.
To augment the digital access solution services, we are looking for innovative and ambitious startups with a sustainable business model idea in the following areas: delivery of healthcare, financing therapies, healthcare connected logistics, community self-service enablement and affordable, faster diagnosis.
Biosensing and Interfaces
They are looking at generating novel insights and building new business models around the integration of electronics and biology. This will enable us to develop groundbreaking medical treatment solutions, based on a unique mix of sensor data retrieval, machine learning, and curation expertise.
They are looking at creating combinations of materials, analytics, and services that will help create a new kind of farming that is no longer dependent on the blanket application of agrochemicals to fields to feed an expanding global population in a more sustainable and ethical way.
How to Apply
For startups based in Southern Africa, our Cape Town Applications are open from May 21st to July 20th, 2018.
Deadline: applications close July 20th, 2018.