The University of Messina in Italy offers scholarships to international students enrolling to UniME two-year long Master degree course (Laurea Magistrale) in Physics: Condensed Matter Physics for the a.y. 2018/2019. Candidates must apply on-line. Application deadline is the 7th of July 2018 at 12:00 am (CET).
For the purposes of the Call (below), “international students” are those students holding a degree awarded by a foreign University (not Italian) whilst with the term “enrollment” it is considered the registration to the first year of the Master degree course (Laurea Magistrale). Registration to the second year of the Master degree course (Laurea Magistrale), transfer from another UniME degree course or from another University are not considered as enrollment.
In accordance with the Call, selected candidates will benefit from a €2,500 grant.
Worth of Award
In order to apply for the scholarship, candidates must hold:
- a Bachelor degree awarded by a foreign University recognized as being appropriate to
enroll to the Master degree course (Laurea Magistrale) Physics: Condensed Matter Physics
(for the entry requirements please see Annex 1).
- one of the following certificate of English language: TOEFL iBT internet based (Test of
English as a Foreign Language): 87 -109; ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages Pitman): B2 IESOL Communicator; IELTS (International English Language Testing System – University of Cambridge): 5.5 – 6.5; ISE (Integrated Skill in English – Trinity College London): B2 ISE II; LCCIEB (London Chamber of Commerce & Industry
Examinations Board): Level 5; FCE (First Certificate in English – University of
Cambridge). Candidates from Countries whose official language is English, do not need to
hold a certificate of English language.
- In case of no certification, candidate’s language knowledge will be evaluated by a Commission through a Skype-based test. Tests will be conducted only using the Skype platform.
How to Apply
Candidates must apply on-line at the following link: https://istanze.unime.it
In the application, candidates must upload the following documents (in English):
1. Curriculum vitae
2. Language certificate (if any)
3. Bachelor degree/1st cycle degree diploma awarded by a foreign University
recognized as being appropriate to enroll to the Master degree course (Laurea
Magistrale) in Physics: Condensed Matter Physics (for the entry requirements
please see Annex 1)
4. Official transcript of records of previous studies in English or translated into
Italian by a competent Italian authority (Embassy/Consular if abroad)
5. Photocopy of a valid passport
Deadline: applications close 7th of July 2018 at 12:00 am (CET).