Wichita State University in USA invites applications for the Global Select Scholarships for the 2018/2019 academic session.
If you transfer from WSU to another institution, your Global Select Scholarship will be rescinded. If you later return to WSU, you will no longer be eligible for a Global Select Scholarship and you will have to pay standard nonresident rates for tuition.
The scholarship may be rescinded if the GPA on your final transcript for admission drops below the minimum requirement.
Worth of Award
Undergraduate Scholarships After Attending Wichita State
- US$700,000 in scholarships awarded to international students each year
- Must attend WSU for 1 year before applying for scholarships
- Scholarships not awarded before the student arrives in Wichita
- Scholarships awarded based upon good grades at Wichita State.
- No scholarships based upon financial need.
- Scholarships are usually US$500 to US$2,500 per year
- Scholarships are not guaranteed.
- You can also find available scholarships under Scholarships for Current Students
Working on Campus
- May work up to 20 hours per week on campus.
- Off-campus employment is not allowed by law except for Cooperative Education.
- May work in offices, cook in the cafeteria, assist in cleaning offices, etc
- Can earn about US$500 per month by working 20 hours per week
- Employment is not guaranteed.
Tuition Payment Plan
- Not required to pay all tuition in one large payment. May pay tuition in smaller installments.
- US$30 administrative fee. No interest is charged.
- Cannot apply until after arriving in Wichita
- Payment schedule:
Fall Semester: First payment due in August after selecting classes then September 15, October 15, and November 15.
Spring Semester: First payment due in January after selecting classes then February 15, March 15, and April 15.
Summer Session: First payment due in June after selecting classes then July 15
- How much is each payment? Cannot be calculated until student arrives and selects classes.
- Housing expenses are not included in Tuition Payment Plan.
- Very low cost-of-living
- Cost-of-living in Wichita is less than half of New York or San Francisco
- Average cost of an apartment in Wichita is US$718 per month. Average apartment cost in New York is over US$3,000 per month. National average is US$1,100 per month.
- Only available for new international students (freshman, transfer, and graduate).
- Must have admission to a degree program.
- May be used for both Intensive English and academic classes.
- If you attended a school that does not have American-style grading, we will convert your grades after you apply for admission and submit all required application materials.
- Undergraduate Applicants
GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0) or its international equivalent. The Office of International Education will determine the student’s eligibility for a scholarship.
- Graduate Applicants
GPA of 3.3 (out of 4.0) or its international equivalent. The Graduate School will determine the student’s eligibility for a scholarship.
- Students who Graduate from Wichita State: GPA of 3.3 or higher
How to Apply
- Answer one scholarship question on our application for admission. Students must
Apply for Admission in order to be considered for a scholarship. It’s quick and easy!
Deadline: applications date varies, check their website