Ruta Sechaba Foundation and Capitec Bank Scholarship Programme is open to Black South Africans for the 2018/2019 academic session
The Ruta Sechaba Foundation was established in 2016 to provide scholarships, bursaries and awards to qualifying learners at Curro or Curro-managed schools. The purpose of the Ruta Sechaba Foundation is to provide, inter alia, monitored financial support for educational purposes to Black South Africans (as defined in the BEE Act and Codes of Good Practice). Capitec Bank has more than 9.2 million clients and close to 14 000 employees. The bank is a donor to the Ruta Sechaba Foundation. Applications for a full (100%) tuition scholarship opens on 25 June 2018 and closes Friday 3 August 2018.
Scholarships are only to be offered if there is sufficient spare capacity in the relevant grades within the participating school.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship will include all school fees, the purchase of a tablet, registration fees, connectivity fees, stationery costs as provided by the school and all academic tours organised by the school.
- The scholarship will not cover hostel fees, uniform costs, daily transport to and from school, extramural activities, sports costs and other sundry amounts due by the parent/guardian from time to time
Only learners who meet the following criteria will be considered:
1. Black learners only (Black means African, Coloured and Indian as defined by the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act, ‘BBBEE Act’);
2. Black learners (as defined by the BBBEE Act) who are South African citizens only;
3. New learners from Grades 8 to 11;
4. Existing learners from Grades 8 to 12;
5. Learners achieving academic excellence measured as:
- Attaining an overall aggregate of 60% or above in the latest academic report;
- Attaining at least 60% in Mathematics and English in the latest academic report (hereinafter referred to as ‘Minimum Academic Standards’)
How to Apply
Applications open on 25 June 2018 and close at 17:00 on 3 August 2018. Please submit the completed application forms to [email protected]
Deadline: applications close 17:00 on 3 August 2018.