Stanford Graduate School of Business invites applications for the Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship 2018 for citizens of African countries with financial need who wish to obtain an MBA at Stanford GSB.
The Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship Program pays for tuition and associated fees (approximately US $170,000) for citizens of African countries with financial need who wish to obtain an MBA at Stanford GSB. Stanford will award up to six Stanford Africa MBA Fellowships annually. For those who are applying and make less than US$20,000, the Stanford Graduate School of Business Admissions will waive your application fee.
Within two years of graduation from Stanford GSB, Stanford Africa MBA Fellows are required to return to Africa to work for at least two years in a professional role that contributes positively to the continent’s development; thus fellows must live and work in Africa for at least two years by the time they are four years out of the Stanford MBA Program.
Worth of Award
- Approximately US $170,000
- For those who are applying and make less than US$20,000, the Stanford Graduate School of Business Admissions will waive your application fee.
You must demonstrate strong ties to Africa, including the following:
- You must be a citizen of an African country. Dual citizens are eligible for the fellowship as long as you hold citizenship in an African nation. Residents of an African country who do not have citizenship in an African country are ineligible.
- You must have completed, or be in the final year of completing, your university studies. If you studied at an undergraduate or graduate institution in Africa, we especially encourage you to consider applying for the Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship Program. African citizens who studied in countries outside of Africa are also eligible for the fellowship.
How to Apply
- To be considered for the Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship, you must apply to the Stanford MBA Program in either Round 1 or Round 2. We cannot consider you for the fellowship in Round 3. If you have already been admitted to the GSB and have deferred enrollment, you must apply to the Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship the year prior to your enrollment. Learn more about fellowships and deferred enrollment.
- In the MBA application, you will indicate that you are applying for the Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship; doing so will trigger a prompt for an additional essay (listed below). You must submit the essay with your complete MBA Program application by the appropriate application deadline. Suggested essay length is 250 words. Follow the formatting requirements as outlined in the Essay Instructions.
- The fee to apply to the Stanford MBA Program is US$275. Please note that the application fee will be waived for applicants who are making a salary that is equal to or less than US$20,000. Once you apply, you will receive more information about the currency conversion rate and how this is calculated.
- Tell them about your strong ties and commitment to Africa, including how you plan to make an impact (250 words).
Deadline: applications close Round 1 (18 Sept 2018) or Round 2 (10 Jan 2019)