Nuffic in the Netherlands invites applications for the OKP scholarship for international students for the 2020/21 academic session.
An OKP scholarship is intended to supplement the salary that the scholarship holder should
continue to receive during the study period. The allowance is a contribution towards the
costs of living, the costs of tuition fees, visa, travel, insurance and thesis research. If
applicable, the scholarship holder is expected to cover the difference between the actual
costs and the amount of the OKP scholarship amount.
The OKP grant is for one or more individual scholarships. It is composed by fixed
amounts and is a contribution towards the costs scholarship holders make during their
studies. It covers the fixed reimbursements for scholarship holders as stated in Annex 1
and the predetermined institutional costs.
Worth of Award
The scholarship is a contribution towards your costs of living and costs such as tuition fees, visa, travel, insurance etc. You have to cover any difference between the OKP scholarship amount and the actual costs yourself.
The criteria for scholarship applicant are as follows:
- The scholarship applicant works for one of the following types of national and/or local
organisations: ministries, secondary or higher vocational or academic education
institutions, universities, private sector, commissions or NGOs. The scholarship applicant
may not work for:
- a bilateral or multilateral organisation;
- a non-governmental organisation that is internationally active and is focused
on representing social interests, such as development cooperation, nature
and environmental protection, health or human rights.
- The scholarship applicant is a professional who, in light of his/her (1) role, (2) multiple
years of relevant work experience and (3) networks within a theme relevant to local
development, is in a position or through his/her employer could be put in a position to
apply what he/she has learned in practice.
- The scholarship applicant holds the nationality of and is resident and working in one of
the countries on the OKP Country list
- Countries that are eligible:
Mozambique, Benin, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Bundi, Colombia, Rwanda, Congo (DRC), Senegal, Sierra Leone, Egypt, Somalia, Ethiopia, South Africa, South Sudan, Ghana, Sudan, Guinea,Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Yemen, Liberia, Zambia, Mali, Zimbabwe
How to Apply
- Before you apply, make sure you review the eligibility criteria carefully and check whether your employer is willing to nominate you for the scholarship.
- When you are certain that you are eligible for an OKP scholarship, you can start making the necessary preparations for your application.
Deadline: applications close June 30, 2020.