The Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria in South Africa offers a LLM/MPhil (Sexual & Reproductive Rights in Africa) scholarship degree to African students for 2018/2019 academic year.
This two-year programme is offered as a blended learning course comprising of online interaction and residential block-weeks in Pretoria. Two contact sessions will be scheduled every year (four contact sessions over the period of two years).
Worth of Award
Up to 15 full scholarships are available to African students
- The LLM degree is open to individuals with a LLB degree or equivalent.
- The MPhil degree is open to non-lawyers with at least an honours degree in an academic discipline relevant to sexual and reproductive rights in Africa
- OR any other qualification in an academic discipline relevant to sexual and reproductive rights in Africa that allows admission to a master’s programme at the institution where the undergraduate qualification was obtained. If that qualification has duration of less than 4 years, substantial proven practical or professional experience in sexual and reproductive rights in Africa, subject to the discretion of the Dean, is further required.
- Applicants must have excellent academic credentials and demonstrate human rights experience or interest. A maximum of fifteen students will be accepted for the 2018 academic year.
How to Apply
- All applications are handled via the online system Submittable. Please click on the link below to apply for this programme.
- Please note that you have to register on the Submittable system to be able to apply for this programme.
- Individuals from all African countries are invited to apply for admission to study for the Master’s Degree (LLM/MPhil) in Sexual and Reproductive Rights Africa at the Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, South Africa.
- Applicants must be in possession of a first degree in Law (LLB, licence en droit or licenciatura em direito) or an Honours degree relevant to Sexual and reproductive rights.
- All documents uploaded must be typewritten.
- The following documents will be requested when during your application:
- Previous academic records/transcripts
- Previous degree certificate(s)
- Copy of bio-data page of passport
- A good quality photograph of yourself
- For applicants who did not obtain their qualifications in English: TOEFL, SAT1 or IELTS Test certificate.
- Deadline for receipt of applications for the 2019 class is 31 July 2018.
- All applicants will be notified whether they were successful or not by 31 October 2018
Deadline: applications close 31 July 2018