The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) in Italy is looking for Master candidates to apply for Master fellowships within the IBEC Master Programme for 2019.
IBEC launches the 2nd call of the Master Programme to encourage master students to begin a research career in our multidisciplinary research institution. The students will carry out research at one of IBEC’s research groups in Barcelona. The Master Programme offers a research experience under University agreement.
IBEC Master Programme offers 5 fellowships granted with a monthly stipend of 550€ gross from January 1 st to June 30th 2019 to perform their Master thesis at IBEC. The minimum dedication is 20h/week.
IBEC will provide students with additional complementary training opportunities.
Worth of Award
Monthly stipend of 550€ gross
- Candidates must have obtained a university degree or must hold an official university
qualification from a country of the European Higher Education Area from 180 to 240 ECTS of official university studies at the time of deadline (11th October 2018).
- Candidates must have an average final mark of BSc of at least 8/10 (Spanish system) in
Engineering and experimental sciences (physics, chemistry, etc.) or at least 8,3/10 in Life
- Candidates should be admitted in an official Master Programme of a Catalan University by
October 31st, 2018. Exceptions for non-local universities may occur if the study plan and
university guidelines allow him/her to do an internship according to the requirements of this call. These cases will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
- Candidates must have a strong commitment to scientific research and an excellent academic record.
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of English.
- Candidates are eligible for a period of 2 years following the end of the Bachelor degree at the time of deadline October 11th 2018.
- High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team.
How to Apply
- From June 1st, 2018 to October 11th 2018, an online application form will be available through the IBEC Master Programme website. In your application, you will be able to choose up to two research groups you would be willing to join.
- The research groups of Associated researchers are also eligible as long as the Master thesis is cosupervised by an IBEC group leader.
- IBEC Group Leaders will be asked to support the candidatures interested in his/her groups, so before applying please contact the IBEC Group Leaders or Associated Researchers to get more information about the groups and the projects.
- The 5 fellowships will be assigned to the best candidates after the evaluation process, with the only limitation that each research group of IBEC will be able to host up to one fellow
Deadline: applications close 11th October 2018