University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey in UK invites applications for the Manly Trust Engineering Bursary for the 2018/2019 academic year open to students from neighborhoods where higher education participation is low as defined by home postcode.
The Manly Trust have agreed to provide a gift of £9,000 over three years (£3,000 per year, not including Professional Placement Year) to create a new undergraduate bursary in Engineering in the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences (FEPS) at the University of Surrey. The bursary is available to one student from October 2018.
The Manly Trust’s primary objective is to advance the science of engineering by granting financial assistance to organisations that encourage an interest in STEM subjects amongst young people or that promote or provide education in engineering.
Worth of Award
£9,000 over three years (£3,000 per year, not including Professional Placement Year)
To be eligible, you must have an offer to study from the University of Surrey. You must also have attended a State Secondary School / Sixth Form College in either Surrey, Kent, Hampshire, East or West Sussex, and meet one or more of the following Widening Participation criteria:
- From neighbourhoods where higher education participation is low as defined by home postcode, known as a low participation neighbourhood (LPN) (Check the eligibility of your postcode – Quintiles 1 and 2 qualify)
- You are a female student (an under-represented group in Engineering)
- From Black or Minority Ethnic (BME)
- Neither parent has attended university.
If you are the holder of an In2Surrey Scholarship offer, you are eligible to apply as long as you meet the above criteria
How to Apply
- To apply for this bursary, students with offers from the University of Surrey should complete an application form and then send the completed form to [email protected] by 21 July 2018.
- Successful students will be advised of their application following confirmation of their A level results and place at Surrey.