Allianz with headquarters in Germany invites applications for the Allianz Climate Risk Research Award 2019 open to PhD students who are in the final stage of their research and postdoctoral researchers.
The Allianz Climate Risk Research Award supports scientific research that improves our understanding of climate change-related risks. The 2019 Award focuses on how science can help insurers deal with extreme weather and climate risks.
The Award is intended to support researchers whose research focuses on:
- Reducing the risk of extreme weather events that are intensified by climate change
- Fostering resilience by applying technological solutions
Four finalists receive a monetary award and are invited to an Award ceremony at Allianz Headquarters in Munich on 26 November 2019 to present their findings and take part in an interactive discussion with renown experts from both industry and academia.
As part of the application process, applicants must submit a two-page non-technical essay based on their research. Allianz will publish the ten best essays in a.
Worth of Award
During the event, the four finalists receive:
- Monetary award:
EUR 7.000 First finalist
EUR 5.000 Second finalist
EUR 3.000 Third finalist
EUR 2.000 Fourth finalist
- Invitation for a one-day Award event in Munich with all costs covered
- Exposure of the finalists’ research projects on the website
- Exclusive insights into the insurance industry’s work on climate change and extreme weather events
- Participation in a discussion round with the Award’s jury, experts and other guests from Allianz Group and academia.
- PhD students who are in the final stage of their research and postdoctoral researchers who have recently finished their research, are invited to apply. They welcome individual applications from the fields of natural sciences as well as economic and social sciences.
- you are an individual author
- you submit only one research
- you are a PhD student, or postdoctoral researcher (recent PhD graduates and
postdoctoral graduates can also apply if the defense of final research to obtain title is
not more than two years at the time of the application).
- if you are selected as Finalist, you must attend the Award Event in Munich and present
your work in person
How to Apply
- Apply online
- Any questions regarding the conditions and details of the Allianz Climate Risk Research
Award shall be adressed to [email protected]
- By submitting the application and declaration forms you confirm that you took notice of
the Terms & Conditions and accept all of its conditions.
Deadline: applications close September 2, 2019.