Allianz with headquarters in Germany invites applications for the Allianz Climate Risk Research Award 2018 open to PhD students who are in the final stage of their research and postdoctoral researcher.
The Allianz Climate Risk Research Award supports scientific research that improves our understanding of climate change-related risks. The 2018 Award focuses on the topic “Climate risk: real-time information and new technologies.”
The Award is intended to support researchers whose research focuses on:
- Reducing the risk of extreme weather events that are intensified by climate change
- Fostering resilience by applying technological solutions
PhD students who are in the final stage of their research and postdoctoral researchers who have recently finished their research, are invited to apply. We welcome individual applications from the fields of natural sciences as well as economic and social sciences.
Four finalists will receive a monetary award and will be invited to an Award ceremony at Allianz Headquarters in Munich in November 2018 to present their findings and take part in an interactive discussion with renown experts from both industry and academia.
In addition, Allianz will publish the ten best essays submitted as part of the application in a compendium.
Worth of Award
For 2018 event, the four finalists will receive:
- Monetary award:
EUR 7.000 First finalist
EUR 5.000 Second finalist
EUR 3.000 Third finalist
EUR 2.000 Fourth finalist
- Invitation for a one-day Award event in Munich with all costs covered
- Exposure of the finalists’ research projects on the website allianz.com
- Exclusive insights into the insurance industry’s work on climate change and extreme weather events
- Participation in a discussion round with the Award’s jury, experts and other guests from Allianz Group and academia.
- PhD students who are in the final stage of their research and postdoctoral researchers who have recently finished their research, are invited to apply. They welcome individual applications from the fields of natural sciences as well as economic and social sciences.
- you are an individual author
- you submit only one research
- you are a PhD student, or postdoctoral researcher (recent PhD graduates and
postdoctoral graduates can also apply if the defense of final research to obtain title is
not more than two years at the time of the application).
- if you are selected as Finalist, you must attend the Award Event in Munich and present
your work in person
How to Apply
- Apply online
- Any questions regarding the conditions and details of the Allianz Climate Risk Research
Award shall be adressed to [email protected]
- By submitting the application and declaration forms you confirm that you took notice of
the Terms & Conditions and accept all of its conditions.
Deadline: applications close July 1, 2018.