CRL in London, UK invites applications for the CRL Scholarship Award open to students with an offer to attend an eligible UK university (or higher education institution) for a semester/grading period starting in September 2017 and 2018.
They work with all types of construction and home-building professionals to protect their property investments. They have built our reputation on getting any type of construction project over the line.
CRL is one of the most respected construction insurance names in the industry. In fact, over 95% of major lenders recognise our structural defects insurance cover, so a CRL policy is a big tick on your reputation and peace of mind for any future buyer.
Worth of Award
Applicants will be judged by our internal panel and the 10 strongest entrants will be selected to receive the £1,000 cash prize.
- Students must submit proof that they have accepted an offer to attend an eligible UK university (or higher education institution) for a semester/grading period starting in September 2017 and 2018. This proof should not only include an acceptance offer letter but also show proof that you have unconditionally accepted the offer.
- The acceptance letter must:
- be on school letterhead
- display a school seal or logo
- contain a signature and phone number of a representative from the admissions office
- All documents must clearly show your name as the same on your passport and the name and address of the issuing school.
- The acceptance letter must:
- Eligible courses include any undergraduate foundation, bachelor’s and integrated master’s degree in the following disciplines: engineering, construction, architecture. A full list of eligible course titles can be found here.
- CRL reserves the right to decide the eligibility of a specific course
- Postgraduate students are not eligible to receive the scholarship.
- Both current first year students and students commencing their first year of university study are eligible.
- Those commencing foundation programmes prior to the beginning a degree are not eligible.
- Qualifications considered for scholarship purposes must all be gained normally within three years prior to university admission.
- Applicants should show their future potential, as demonstrated by their academic intentions, educational achievements, any other relevant experience, and their aspirations for their future career.
- Candidates must be Home, EU or International students in the UK. Applications from students studying in other countries cannot be accepted.
How to Apply
Apply online via their website, click the link below.
The CRL Scholarship rewards academic performance and applicants must display evidence of academic excellence and innovation.This will be demonstrated by:
- Academic endorsements by two personal referees
- Submission of an essay of no more than 1,000 words entitled ‘The Future Of The Construction Industry
Deadline: applications close 31st October 2018.