The John XXIII Foundation for Religious Studies in Italy invites applications for Postdoctoral Fellowships for the 2019/20 academic year.
Fellowships are established in accordance with requirements defined by the policy of the Foundation, its agreements with the Regional Government of Emilia-Romagna, the Italian Ministry for Education, University and Research and its donors.
Worth of Award
- i. Junior Research Fellow (2 years, renewable).
The successful candidate will sign a research contract for two years, equivalent to the Italian “Assegno di ricerca junior” (which amounts to a monthly net sum of about € 1,400).
- ii. Senior Research Fellow (2 years, renewable)
The successful candidate will sign a research contract for two years, equivalent to the Italian “Assegno di ricerca senior” (which amounts to a monthly net sum of about € 1,600).
- Junior Research Fellow: Applicants must have obtained their doctorate within the last five years.The contract defines a research programme in accordance with the research lines of the Foundation; it might also include the publication of the candidate’s dissertation during the second year of the fellowship.
- Senior Research Fellow: The Applicant’s doctoral thesis must have already been published.
- All fellowships are residential.
How to Apply
- Applications should be sent to: Fondazione per le scienze religiose, via San Vitale 114, Bologna and [email protected] by the deadline
- Applications from all countries are encouraged. Equal opportunities policies are fully implemented. Preference will be given to younger candidates.
The application should include:
- The specification of the type of fellowship and research area for which they are applying;
- A full CV with the description of research interests;
- An eventual research project (a full programme is required when applying for the “NEW YARDS” research pipeline);
- A letter of motivation;
- All publications in pdf format (including PhD Thesis);
- Official certification or self-evaluation of language skills both for modern and ancient languages (when required by the project or programme);
- The name of 2 possible supervisors, chosen from the Scientific Committee of the Foundation or from other Institutions;
- Two letters of recommendation from internationally acknowledged scholars who may be contacted by the Foundation’s Secretary (please include contact details).
Deadline: applications close June 20th, 2019