The African Institute of Financial Markets and Risk Management (AIFMRM) at the University of Cape Town invites applications for two Postdoctoral Research Fellowships for 2018/2019 academic year.
AIFMRM is a postgraduate institute committed to scholarly research that takes a critical and quantitative approach to the study of financial markets and risk management.
AIFMRM invites applications for two Postdoctoral Research Fellowships. The application deadline is 31 May 2018 and appointments are for 1 July 2018, or as soon as possible thereafter. The tenure of the fellowship is one year; with the possibility of a further year’s extension being conditional on evidence of satisfactory academic progress. Successful applicants will work closely with members of the Institute in the areas of Computational and Mathematical Finance.
Worth of Award
The value of the fellowship is R320 000 p.a. which includes a research travel allowance. The successful Fellow(s) will be obliged to comply with the University’s approved policies, procedures and practices for Postdoctoral Research Fellows.
- Applicants must have received (or have submitted for examination) a PhD in Financial Mathematics or Quantitative Finance within the past three years, and have demonstrated the potential for excellent research.
- Applicants must not have held a full-time professional or academic post.
How to Apply
To apply, please send:
• A letter of application, including areas of expertise, research interests, and experience
• A complete CV, including the names and contact details of at least two referees
• Copies of academic transcripts to Lameez Fakier ([email protected]uct.ac.za), African Institute of Financial Markets and Risk Management, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch 7700, South Africa. For further questions and inquiries please contact our admin staff at [email protected]
- Eligible and complete applications will be considered by the Director of the African Institute of Financial Markets and Risk Management.
- The University of Cape Town reserves the right to disqualify ineligible, incomplete and/or
inappropriate applications. The University of Cape Town reserves the right to change the conditions of award or to make no awards at all.
Deadline: applications close 31 May 2018