The African Reinsurance Corporation invites applications for the Young Insurance Professionals Programme open to citizen of a member state of Africa Re for 2018 training.
The African Reinsurance Corporation is an International Financial Institution with full diplomatic status and with headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria. Established in February 1976 by Member States of the former Organisation of African Unity (OAU), now African Union (AU), the African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading reinsurance company in Africa.
Worth of Award
- Successful candidates will then be gathered for one week in Lagos or in another city where Africa Re has an office to conclude the training and for the graduation ceremony.
- During the one week face- to- face training, participants will be divided into teams.
- Each team will be requested to present a paper of not more than 5 pages on how they expect to influence their respective organizations in the areas of training, knowledge and skills acquisition if they assume positions of authority.
The programme is expected to positively impact participants to:
- Understand the reinsurance industry and their future missions with regard to strong leadership, governance and accountability;
- Develop a constructive approach to competition in the African reinsurance markets by reducing some poor practices and approaches;
- Improve professionalism;
- Develop/improve internal operations processes (client servicing, claims handling, etc.);
- Contribute to market research and segmentation for low income clients, and develop products for the masses in order to increase insurance penetration;
- Contribute to the construction of reliable database of re/insurance market statistics.
- Citizen of a member state of Africa Re;
- Maximum 32 years of age;
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent;
- Relevant work experience in an insurance or reinsurance company, insurance broking firm or other related field;
- Access to the internet;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and/or French.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are requested to submit an online application between 7 May and 6 June 2018. Log on to http://younginsurancepro.com and click on “Register” to fill in the application form. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Applicants should upload their curriculum vitae, reference forms and a cover letter. An interview may be part of the assessment process if deemed necessary.
- Successful applicants will be contacted by email before 30 June 2018 and must be available to commence the programme in July 2018. Any candidate who does not participate in any of the modules will be excluded from the programme.
- Enquiries about the application process should be emailed to: [email protected]
Deadline: applications close 30 June 2018