Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS) offers a number of Global Health Scholarships Sussex for students admitted to the full-time Master’s degree in Global Health at the Wellcome Trust Brighton and Sussex Centre for Global Health Research for the 2021/2022 academic year.
The global health programme develops students’ understanding of the complex determinants of health and their potential solutions in order to help them contribute to the improvement of health and the achievement of health equity and social justice worldwide. With this purpose, this programme offers an inter-multi and cross-disciplinary approach to health and ill-health.
The course brings together experts from the health sciences, pharmaceutical sciences, development studies, anthropology, business, economics and political sciences amongst others in order to deliver a stimulating and vibrant programme, covering topics such as poverty, inequality, cultural understandings of health and healing, emerging infectious diseases, global burden of diseases, climate change, health policy and governance, access to medicines, and the relationship between health inequality, globalisation and global governance. Graduates of this programme will have the skills to work as global health practitioners, policymakers, consultants or researchers within international health and development agencies.
Worth of Award
- BSMS Global Health Scholarships Sussex are awarded on the basis of academic and/or professional merit and financial need.
- The scholarship provides one £5,000 award or two £2,500 awards towards tuition fees.
Students must be registered on the MSc in Global Health course.
- The entry requirements for the MSc are: A first- or upper second-class undergraduate honours degree or equivalent in any Global Health-related subject (e.g. anthropology, development studies, sports, nursing, political sciences, psychology, pharmacy, etc)
- or the successful completion of at least three years’ basic medical science at a UK medical school (having gained at least 360 credits).
- Relevant experience is desirable but not essential.
- English Language (IELTS): A minimum score of 7, with no less than 6.5 in each section. UK, EU and International (Non-UK/EU) students are eligible for the scholarship.
How to Apply
- You must first apply for admission to the MSc in Global Health course via the online application process.
- You will need your applicant number to complete the BSMS Global Health Scholarship application form.
- The completed application form should be submitted as a single Word document saved as a PDF via email to Anne Gatuguta ([email protected]). The subject of your email should read BSMS Global Health Scholarship.
Deadline: Application for Global Health Scholarships Sussex is ongoing
Email contact: Anne Gatuguta – [email protected]