Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry of Queen Mary University of London invite applications for the Queen Mary University of London MBBS Malta Scholarships for 2018/2019 academic session.
Students who wish to be considered for one of these scholarships need to first apply to the course then apply for the scholarship. Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis.
Worth of Award
- No of Award: 22
To be eligible to apply for the scholarships you must:
- Submit a completed Medicine MBBS Malta application
- Submit a completed scholarship application
The scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis and are open to all candidates worldwide.
All scholarships will be awarded on the basis of applicants’ performance in the following measures:
- UCAS tariff points or international equivalent (50%)
- UKCAT score (50%)
- The units of assessment will be weighted as outlined above using the score the candidate achieves in each of the two criteria.
- Graduates who meet the minimum academic criteria will be ranked against the other graduate applicants applying in that year according to 50:50 weighting applied to the UKCAT score and academic ability as measured using a points weighting of degree classification or postgraduate degrees.
- In the event of a tie between candidates, the scholarship selection panel may, at its discretion, refer to the candidates’ scores at interview and answers to Question 3 of the scholarship application form to reach a decision to award the scholarship(s).Once a student has been awarded the scholarship and started the course it will be retained by the student until the end of their programme, assuming they meet the necessary criteria to progress through the course each year, i.e. they fulfil the examination and professional requirements.
How to Apply
Students who wish to be considered for one of these scholarships need to first apply to the course then apply for the scholarship
Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis. To qualify, applicants will need to meet the minimum requirements listed below:
- AAB or equivalent; 2:1 or equivalent for graduates,
- a minimum UKCAT score of 2331,
- IELTS 7.0
Scholarships may be awarded on a conditional basis, subject to the student meeting the terms of the academic offer when exam results are announced.
- The application deadline to be eligible for scholarships for the Malta programme is Saturday 30 June 2018. If some of these scholarships remain unallocated, or if candidates are unsuccessful in meeting the conditions set for the scholarships, they may be reallocated. In addition, further funding for additional scholarships may become available over the summer. In all circumstances, any applicant who has applied for a scholarship but has not yet been successful will be considered or re-considered for an award.
- Note: It is not necessary to have had settled immigration status in Malta for the full five years of the course at the time of application. You only need to show that you have it by the start date of the first academic year of the course.
Deadline: applications close Saturday 30 June 2018.