Chongqing University in China invites applications for the Chongqing University President Scholarship for International Students for the 2020/21 academic session.
Chongqing University President Scholarship is aimed to support outstanding international students to study degree programs at Chongqing University.
Worth of Award
1. Full Scholarship (available to prospective degree students) covers:
- – exemption from registration fee and tuition
- – free on-campus accommodation or off-campus accommodation subsidy?700 RMB per month?
- – living stipend:
- 2,200RMB per month for doctoral degree student
- 1,800RMB per month for master’s degree student
- 1,500RMB per month for bachelor’s degree student
- -free comprehensive medical insurance for international students
2. Partial Scholarship (available to prospective degree students and visiting students) covers:
- exemption from registration fee and tuition.
- free comprehensive medical insurance for international students.
- – Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and meet admission requirements of Chongqing University.
- – Applicants must be healthy both physically and mentally, excellent in academic standing and with good conduct.
- – Applicants should abide by the laws and decrees of China and comply with rules and regulations of Chongqing University.
- – Applicants may not be recipients of any other scholarships at the same time.
- – Applicants should fill out the application form correctly, honestly, completely, and submit application materials as required.
How to Apply
The applicants are required to provide the following application materials in triplicate and post them to the Admissions Office of School of International Education, Chongqing University.
- -Application Form. Applicants are required to fill in the application form in Chinese or in English and have the application form printed, pasted with a photo and signed.
- -Photocopy of a valid passport.
- – Original notarized certificate of highest diploma and transcript.
- If applicants are university students or are already employed, they should provide pre-graduation certificate or employment certificate. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translation in Chinese or English.
- – A study or research plan in Chinese or in English.
- – Two reference letters in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors (only required for applicants applying for master or doctoral degree program).
- – Language proficiency certificate. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs shall submit HSK certificate (HSK4 or above) or other certificates equivalent. Applicants for English-taught programs shall submit English proficiency certificate (TOEFL, IELTS or English instruction certificate or other certificates equivalent) (not for applicants from English-speaking countries).
- – Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are considered invalid.
Deadline: applications close May 15, 2020.