The Department of Economics, Management and Statistics (DEMS) of the University of Milan-Bicocca invites applications to its PhD Program in Economics and Statistics (ECOSTAT) for the academic year 2018-19.
The PhD Program is articulated in two curricula, Economics (ECO) and Statistics (STAT). The length of the PhD Program is four years, starting in November 2018. The precise starting date of the Program will be announced in due course.
Additional scholarships and positions are also available. In particular, one additional scholarship is offered to excellent candidates willing to enter the PhD program in order to develop a dissertation project focused on European studies. Moreover, two additional “advanced apprenticeship” positions (dottorato in alto apprendistato) are open to brilliant candidates willing to enter the PhD program and, at the same time, be part-time employed at a primary multinational company in order to develop a dissertation on focused on advanced analytics, machine learning, customer intelligence and forecasting.
Worth of Award
They offer at least eight fellowships (for a period of four years) to the highest ranked applicants. Each fellowship pays a grant of a minimum of € 16.200 (gross income) per year. The monthly allowance can be increased up to 50% for our PhD students visiting academic or scientific institutions abroad. The number of scholarships may increase if sponsorships on specific research projects become available. There will also be allowances (research funds) for short-period mobility (from the second year).
- Economists and statisticians from the Department of Economics, Management and Statistics (DEMS) and the Department of Statistics and Quantitative Methods of UniMiB, which has started twenty years ago within the BSc in Statistics and Economics, as well as the MSc in Statistics and Economics and is going on with the more recent MSc in Data Science.
- The selection procedure is regulated by the official Call for Applications (Bando di Concorso), which is expected to be published in the Italian Official Journal (Gazzetta Ufficiale) after the acknowledgment issued by Italian Governmental agencies, at the beginning of May 2018, and also posted on the PhD School’s and on the PhD program’s websites.
- The official Call for Applications contains detailed information on: i) the documents which each candidate has to submit; ii) structure, contents and timing (within the period early July 2018 – late September 2018) of the entrance examination; iii) description of the projects related to the additional scholarships and positions.
How to Apply
Within the deadline set in the ranking list candidates who have been admitted have to do the following:
From the page https://s3w.si.unimib.it/esse3/Start.do;jsessionid=49C3FECAFDCE602A1106CDE6F42B864B.S3W3A?cod_lingua=eng
log in using the credentials obtained during the registration process.
1.Click on Enrolment and choose Enrolment for scheduled access courses
2.Select the course you want to enroll, and follow the procedure by filling out the required information
3. Upload the form “Declaration for enrolment” duly completed and signed. You can download this form at this page
4. Print the enrolment receipt and electronic MAV for the payment of the first installment.
5. Within the working day after the deadline for enrolment, pay the first installment by credit card or PayPal by accessing the website: https://pagofacile.popso.it/en/web/guest/mav
Failure to complete the registration procedures within the deadline specified in the margin of the ranking, shall result in forfeiture of the right to access the program.
In case of renunciation of the scholarship before enrollment please contact [email protected]
- For information on foreign degrees and on registration procedures for foreign students, please contact [email protected]
- Furthermore, if you are holder of a scholarship, you have to follow those steps:
1) Registration to INPS /(National Institute of Social Security) “Gestione Separata”
2) send the “Statement” form, available at this page to [email protected]
Deadline: applications are open. Deadline to be announced.