Nike invites applications for the Internship in Merchandising Category open to applicants who will be students for the whole duration of the internship (enrolled in a university/higher education institution). This internship is open to students outside of the Netherlands.
Nike offers a variety of internships in the Merchandising Department each year. During your internship, you will play a key role supporting Nike in building product lines and assortments that inspire and meet our customer needs. You will support one of the specific Categories, based on your interest and knowledge, like for example: Sportswear/Lifestyle, Women, Training, Running or Football. Every internship will give you the chance to work in a challenging environment and perform the following activities:
- Manage product information in our systems (key styles, materials, color, innovation both for footwear and apparel) and maintain data throughout the season;
- Create and maintain merchandising tools such as visual assortments, line plans, price analysis tools, competitive analysis etc.;
- Obtain Consumer and Marketplace Insights through focus groups, trend research, retail visits;
- Business analytics of obtained data to support informed merchandising decisions;
- Build product assortments to hand over to the Sales department;
- Participate in compiling and delivering presentations within the business;
- Support the team with reporting and leading projects based on business needs.
Please note that they will assign you to specific projects and responsibilities based on your personal preferences as well as your performance during the recruitment process.
Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development.
In order to be eligible for an internship, you must:
- Be a student for the whole duration of the internship (enrolled in a university/higher education institution);
- Have an EU passport or an EU work permit.
Start date: August 1st, 2018
Duration: 6 or 12 months (12 months availability strongly preferred)
- 3rd3rd/4th-year student within Business, Marketing, Fashion Management, Product Management, or other related fields;
- Fluency in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills;
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Result orientation and ability to prioritize.
- Academic, volunteering or previous internship experiences related to Merchandising are a plus (please include in your CV);
- Passion for the Nike brand and sports in general.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ to submit your CV in English no later than May 21st.
- Suitable candidates will be contacted by the end of May the first stage of the selection (video interview). The final interviews will take place during June. Please note that where legally permissible, you may be asked to consent to a pre-employment screening for this position, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and the Nike Applicant Background Check Policy.