ClimateLaunchpad is inviting applications for the Green Business Ideas Competition open to anyone with a promising cleantech idea who dreams of becoming an entrepreneur.
ClimateLaunchpad is the world’s largest green business ideas competition. Our mission is to unlock the world’s cleantech potential that addresses climate change. The competition creates a stage for those ideas. ClimateLaunchpad is part of the Entrepreneurship offerings of EIT Climate-KIC.
Your idea can be an innovation in renewable energy, a sustainable transition in the food chain, a mind shift in urban mobility or any other way to tackle climate change.
- Round 1: Boot Camp: A National Jury selects a minimum of 7 business ideas per country for participation in ClimateLaunchpad. These teams first participate in the 2-day (National) Boot Camps. You’ll be invited by mail. Find more information on your country page.
- Round 2: Intensive coaching and national finals: In the weeks after Boot Camp you will attend six intensive coaching sessions. You’ll perfect your pitch, value proposition and business model. After that, you’re ready to rock your National competition where you’ll pitch in front of the National Jury. The Top-3 of each country will enter the Grand Final.
- Round 3: Grand Final: In this ultimate final you’ll pitch your idea in front of leading investors and entrepreneurs. You’ll receive valuable feedback and get a chance to discuss your idea in more detail during network sessions. The jury will select fifteen finalists to compete for the ultimate win: access to EIT Climate-KIC Accelerator and prize money.
Worth of Award
- Prizes in the National Finals differ per country, however, all top-3 teams get to compete in the Grand Final. The Top-3 of all National Finals will get a chance to pitch their idea in front of the review board of Climate-KIC Accelerator. If you impress them, you might gain access to Climate-KIC Accelerator, the real life business school where great ideas grow into great businesses. Out of the 15 teams selected in the semi-finals of ClimateLaunchpad get to perform in the Grand Final, where a top 10 will be selected by the jury who win direct access to Climate-KIC Accelerator without having to pitch to a review board.
- Last but not least: the Winner of the Grand Final receives € 10,000, the runner-up gets € 5,000 and the idea that comes in third place wins € 2,500.
- All prize winners are responsible for any taxes, wire transfer costs and other possible costs relating to the prize money.
- In 2018 the competition is open to participants based in the 35+ countries listed on this page.
- Anyone with a promising cleantech idea who dreams of becoming an entrepreneur should join. You can be a new start-up, SME, researcher, student, public organisation, consultant, engineer, a combination of the above or something that doesn’t fit a job title. Don’t worry if you don’t have a business plan quite ready. They’ll help you strengthen your plan or teach you how to create one.
You can only applyton your own country and you can only enter if:
- You have not yet started a business or your company has been incorporated for less than a year (definition: your legal entity does not exist for more than 1 year);
- Your new venture has attracted less than € 200.000 in total funding (this includes all funding, like grants, government loans, angel and/or VC investments, et cetera)
- You have not yet sold products, solutions or prototypes on commercial terms.
How to Apply
You can only enter ClimateLaunchpad in your own country. Apply by filling out the application form for which you’ll answer questions like what problem you are solving and what climate impact you expect to make. No need for a business plan just yet. They’ll help you strengthen your plan or teach you how to create one.
Deadline: applications open February – June 2018