ClimateLaunchpad is inviting applications for the Green Business Ideas Competition open to anyone with a promising cleantech idea who dreams of becoming an entrepreneur.
ClimateLaunchpad is the world’s largest green business ideas competition. Our mission is to unlock the world’s cleantech potential that addresses climate change. The competition creates a stage for those ideas. ClimateLaunchpad is part of the Entrepreneurship offerings of EIT Climate-KIC.
Once you’re accepted to join the competition, the games begin:
Step 1: Boot Camp
ClimateLaunchpad kicks off with a 2-day Boot Camp in your own country. Their trainers will teach you all you need to know about jumpstarting your business.
Step 2: Intensive coaching, National & Regional Finals
The Boot Camp is followed by a period of intensive coaching. You’ll perfect your pitch, value proposition and business model. They’ll make sure you are ready to rock the National Final where you get to pitch in front of your National Jury. The winners of each country get to compete in the Regional Finals*. Regional winners go on to the Global Grand Final.
* Regional Finals are new in 2019. All details and logistics will be finalised and communicated in April.
Step 3: Global Grand Final
Worth of Award
- The Top-10 competitors in the Global Grand Final will get direct access to the Climate-KIC Accelerator, the renowned business school where great ideas grow into great businesses. On top of that there is prize money.
- The overall winner of the Global Grand Final receives € 10,000, the runner up gets € 5,000 and the idea that comes in third place wins € 2,500.
- All other Regional Finalists who made it to the Global Grand Final get a chance to pitch their idea to the review board of Climate-KIC Accelerator. Impress them and gain access to their programme.
- In 2020 the competition is open to participants based in the 35+ countries listed on their website
- Anyone with a promising cleantech idea who dreams of becoming an entrepreneur should join.
- You can be a new start-up, SME, researcher, student, public organisation, consultant, engineer, a combination of the above or something that doesn’t fit a job title.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have a business plan quite ready.
- They’ll help you strengthen your plan or teach you how to create one.
You can only apply to your own country and you can only enter if:
- You have not yet started a business or your company has been incorporated for less than a year (definition: your legal entity does not exist for more than 1 year);
- Your new venture has attracted less than € 200.000 in total funding (this includes all funding, like grants, government loans, angel and/or VC investments, et cetera)
- You have not yet sold products, solutions or prototypes on commercial terms.
How to Apply
- To enter the competition submit your idea or innovation with environmental impact.
- They’ll help you fast track that idea into a business and bypass all possible pitfalls along the way.
- You’ll learn how to get your idea funded and launched.
- Once you are selected to join ClimateLaunchpad, the Boot Camp and coaching sessions will help you develop your idea to a rock-solid plan.
- You will pitch this during your National Final and the Regional Finals.
- The winners of each Regional Final will go on to compete in the Global Grand Final.
- Even if your idea is on the back of a napkin, you’re most welcome to join.
- All entries will be reviewed and ideas that fit the bill of the competition get invited to join.
Deadline: applications are open February – June 2021