Asia Pacific Network for Sustainable Forest Management and Rehabilitation in China invites applications for the APFNet Scholarship Program (ASP) for the 2018/2019 academic session.
Launched in 2010 under the APFNet’s Capacity Building Framework, the ASP is a scholarship program that supports qualified students in completing a Master’s degree program related to Sustainable Forest Management and rehabilitation.
So far APFNet has cooperated with Beijing Forestry University (BJFU) and Nanjing Forestry University (NJFU) as the two host universities targeting APFNet developing member economies, and two more universities targeting the Greater Central Asia region, namely Inner Mongolia Agriculture University (IMAU) and Northwest A&F University (NWAFU).
Worth of Award
- Accommodation on campus. When on-campus accommodation is not available, awarded students will receive accommodation allowance of CNY 1,500 per month for alternative lodging
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Lump-sum payment of CNY 400 per year for outpatient medical services, regardless of actual costs
- One round-trip international tickets between students’ home economy and China
- For BJFU and NJFU, applicants must be non-Chinese citizens from APFNet member economies including Australia, Hong Kong China, Bangladesh, India, Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Canada, Malaysia, P.R. China, Mexico, Fiji Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Singapore, Nepal, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Chinese Taipei, Papua New Guinea, Thailand, Peru, United States, the Philippines and Viet Nam
- Applicants from developing economies prioritized
- For IMAU and NWAFU, as they specialize in arid and semi-arid forest management, applicants must be non-Chinese residents from Greater Central Asia, specifically Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Kyrgyzstan
- Age:18 – 40, and in good health condition
- have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree from an accredited higher education institute in forestry or related field
- at least 2 years of work experience are prioritized
- Proficiency in English (all the courses of this program will be taught in English)
- Female applicants encouraged
How to Apply
Applicants should apply from the host universities directly. As application procedures and materials may vary, applicants should visit the specific host university websites and submit materials accordingly.
Beijing Forestry University (BJFU)
Nanjing Forestry University (NJFU)
Inner Mongolia Agriculture University (IMAU)
Northwest A&Forestry University (NWAFU)
Deadline: applications are open and deadlines vary.